Support groups near Salem?

amanda D.
on 7/10/14 3:40 am - Stayton, OR

Hi hi!

Was wondering if there were any support groups near Salem that aren't at Salem Hospital.

Thanks =0)

eringudge
on 7/24/14 10:21 am
RNY on 07/28/14

Corvallis has one, not too close, but they do have one.

Keeks911
on 11/8/14 9:50 pm - SALEM, OR

Good question, I am brand new to this and would like to attend a support group as well. I am not in the Salem Hospital's program, but in Legacy up in Portland. I don't want to have to drive to Portland every time for a support group meeting.

Is there an OWLS group in Salem?

Patty T.
on 11/9/14 2:07 pm - Boalsburg, PA

If there isn't, let's start one!

Darmar
on 10/3/15 2:14 pm

Hi I was wondering if there was a support group in Salem too, I'm in Dallas. Did anyone start or find one?

starflower185
on 7/3/16 3:30 pm

The Salem Hospital support group is only for their patients that have had their surgery there. However, the Salem Hospital lends its facility to the community to use, so a different support group meets there. The next meeting is July 6th at 6 pm in Building D, !st floor. The group name is BOST (Bariatric Operation Support Team). The group is non affiliated with the Salem Hospital bariatric support group. There is more info on facebook under groups. The leader is Sherrie Andrews and if you call the Salem Hospital, they have more information on community groups that meet there.

starflower185
on 7/3/16 3:33 pm

BOST is in the Salem Hospital, but not just for Salem Hospital patients. Sherrie Andrews hosts the BOST support group that meets July 6th at 6 pm in building d 1st floor more info on fb

Most Active
Recent Topics