Heart Broken!!!!!

tanya-ann
on 3/31/15 2:06 pm - pendleton, OR

Last Wed. I went into sugery I as supposed to have the sleeve done when I woke up the dr told me he didn't do the surgery he made 6 incisions and then didn't do it   because he felt my liver was to large and I needed to loose 30/50 lbs more all I could do is cry I understand that the liver is an issue don't get me wrong but this is why I was completely thrown over edge!!!! when I started with this I had had the lap band before but since I was in a car wreck it had to be removed so the dr sees it as I failed I didn't fail I had lost 278lbs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and then gained back 200 so then they told me since I didn't have diabetis my insurance would never pay for the surgery once again I proved them wrong I got it approved so they told me I needed to loose my 5percent which was 22lbs I lost it,,,,,,,,they gave me a pre op apt to see dr then next day called me and told me ohhhh you need to loose 10lbs because u need to have this stress test so I lost it had the stress test and got the go ahead so now the dr says I have to take 2 classes on nutrition loose the weight and see the dietion also I know that I am not the only person who has been 425lbs and asking for weight loss surgery I honestly feel broken and I am at the point I feel they are never gonna let me have the surgery everytime I do what they tell me they come up with another reason to loose more weight help anyone ive been working with OHSU over a yr and 4 months now, am I over reacting for being so upset I really do know that looseing the weight is my only option for them to do the surgery because the dr told me after I loose the weigh and take the classes that in 3 months he will re evaluate and decide if he will do the surgery what would any of you do do you think I will ever get the surgery or am I spinning my wheels I almost feel like I need to seek a new dr I am open to any advice thanks

Hislady
on 4/1/15 12:03 pm - Vancouver, WA

I find it hard to believe that OHSU is that incompetant, they are a very prestigous hospital and have probably the best surgeons in the state. However if this is what is happening then I would certainly find another doctor to do the surgery or at least get a second opinion to see if that is what is happening or if there is something more going on. Good luck to you!

tanya-ann
on 4/1/15 12:54 pm - pendleton, OR

That's exactly why I'm so upset because I do like the dr and they are great but I'm so can't believe how I've been treated in the past year if I didn't see it and feel it is never believe they'd treat someone like that. Today I went to my pcp and he told me I now have diabetis so I wonder if that's gonna change anything I meet with the dr at Ohsu again on mon so we will see what happens. May I ask who your dr was and which surgery did you have?

shirleym
on 4/2/15 12:07 pm - Springfield, OR

I had my surgery in 2007 at OHSU.  I have had zero complications following surgery.  I know it is hard to accept, but if they did not proceed with the surgery it was because the doctor felt the risk would be too great for you.  You are fortunate to have him fault on the side of keeping you alive.  A large liver obscures the field of surgery and greatly hinders the surgeon.  There are diets that can help shrink a fatty liver, ask your doctor.  It is so worth the work to get your body prepared.  

Hislady
on 4/2/15 3:11 pm - Vancouver, WA

I had Dr. Paul Dally in Vancouver WA he gave me a lapband but it was a miserable failure and has caused me horrid damage. I don't blame him he's a great surgeon it's just the band is a horrible surgery and is a huge failure for weight loss. I only lost 20-40 lbs and ended up with constant heartburn even tho I had the band removed a year ago! Well having diabetes might push them into sooner action to help get that under control. I sure hope you can get some answers on Mon. Let me know what you find out, either post here again or send me a private message and see what they say to you then. Good luck!!     

Most Active
Recent Topics