Three years later

Patricia R.
on 6/14/08 11:41 am - Perry, MI
Last night, I went to a retirment dinner for a friend I used to teach with.  She has seen me since surgery, but former co-workers have not.  They last saw me at 319 pounds in June of 2005, with very short hair.  I walked in with her, as I was her designater driver, and started talking to different people.  A lot of people recognized me, but couldn't believe the difference, BUT a few people were not sure who I was.  They had to ask people and when they learned who I was, they came back to me and said, "You look fantastic, I did not recognize you."  It felt so good to have that kind of feedback from people I worked with years ago.  One woman asked how I did it so she could do it too, but when I told her how, she said she was not ready to go that far.   Anywho, I had a good time, and was not tempted to overeat, or even glance at the desserts.  I had not expected a Wow this late in my journey, so it was kind of a nice surprise. Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 6/14/08 11:45 am - Easton, PA
Trish, What a great night for you!  Goes to show you that you can still WOW others, and more importantly, yourself.  You are certainly an inspiration on this board and we definately appreciate all you give to us!  What an amazing journey you have had thus far. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
rivardstarr
on 6/14/08 6:28 pm - phoenixville, PA
Trish, What a great night, and great feedback for you. It just goes to show wow moments don't end just a few months after surgery. You are an inspiration for us . Have a good week. Chris
Boogaloo
on 6/14/08 10:00 pm - PA
You deserve the kudos....  good for you Lou P.S. It's amazing when we are feeling good about ourselves - we are not tempted to overeat?!
Shannon O.
on 6/14/08 11:16 pm - Reading, PA
ahhh what is awesome... and it is sooo cool... gotta love feedback like that!

dit657
on 6/15/08 9:58 pm - Boothwyn, PA

WOW moments, big and small, and anytime are wonderful to hear about and receive! Congrats on having such a great time and feeling so good about yourself - you deserve it!! Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1764 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1859 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2540 views