Urgent Hernia surgery scheduled for tomorrow.

Sheryl H.
on 6/16/08 11:51 am - Abbottstown, PA
Well the Friday the 13th spread to the 14th and the 15th now onto the 16th and let's hope not to the 17th.

I have had an umbilical hernia for approximately 10 or so years. Never bothered me until I started losing the weight. I wound up in the ER early Sunday morning, 2am, with it being strangulated. With a heavy dose of morphine for the pain and fenagrin for the dry heaves. and a few hours most of the hernia went back inside where it belonged. Whew....no surgery for me Sunday morning.

Surgeon comes in and says that needs fixed. How's Tuesday sound? Well after the night I had just had and him telling me that it could have been worse, had the bowel come through it would die within a matter of hours and then I would have been looking a major, emergency surgery, I decided he was right Tuesday sounded good.

So tomorrow at 8:15 am I will be reporting to Hanover General Hospital for Hernia Repair. He hopes this to be out patient. Me too....I don't like hospitals in general.

Having to put me first is something quite new to me, and for those of you who met me a the pilgrimage in the over 12 months group know this. So telling my boss, that I had to do this was hard.

Now telling Jury Duty person was even harder. Dr gave me an excuse to give them stating I was in the ER on Sunday and need surgery on Tuesday. I took all my paper work with me for the ER. I go up the head person checking us in and said I need to be excused. She said, "And why is that?" I said, " I have to have surgery tomorrow." She asked me" And you didn't know about this prior to today??" I said, "NO I was in the ER yesterday and they said tomorrow for surgery." I told her if I wanted to get out of jury duty I wouldn't pick surgery as a first alternative." I swear they treat everyone like ***t! I am writing the courthouse a letter about their juror staff. Then she makes a copy of my excuse and gives it back and with spite in her voice she said, "You know that you will be called later in the year....you don't get out of it that easy!" The Fricken nerve!!

Anyway enough on that. I may not be on for a couple days because my tummy and my mind may not be up to it. But I will keep you posted on the results.

Thanks for listening.

Sheryl H.
EvJane
on 6/16/08 12:22 pm - Glenshaw, PA
Sheryl, Good luck with your surgery tomorrow.  I hope all goes well for you.  Ev
Sheryl H.
on 6/16/08 12:43 pm - Abbottstown, PA
Thanks me too! I am sure I will be fine. Take  care. Sheryl H.
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 12:28 pm
Sheryl good lucl tomorrow you will be in my thoughts and prayers!
Sheryl H.
on 6/16/08 12:44 pm - Abbottstown, PA
Thanks Beth.  Your prayers are appreciated!  Sheryl H.
Nicole0216
on 6/16/08 12:35 pm - Lancaster, PA
good luck. I am glad that you will be getting this fixed finally. you will be fine but i will say a prayer for you
Sheryl H.
on 6/16/08 12:45 pm - Abbottstown, PA
Thanks Nicole,  I know I will be fine.  I will be in good hands. However the prayers are greatly appreciated.  Take care. Sheryl H.
Patricia R.
on 6/16/08 5:00 pm - Perry, MI
Sheryl, You have my prayers for your surgery and recovery. Hugs, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Pam Hart
on 6/16/08 7:55 pm, edited 6/16/08 9:32 pm - Easton, PA
Sheryl, I wanted to get an OH lynch mob together for Jen's surgeon who said he didn't know what he could do for her.  And possibly Nan's podiatrist who told her that her feet wouldn't change sizes.  Perhaps we could do a three for one and send the group also over to that court house.  The AUDACITY of some people. I wish you the best of luck tomorrow.  You will certainly be thought of!! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 8:25 pm - Eastern, PA
Best of luck today! I would have told the jury lady off. I don't take sh/t from self-important paper pushers anymore. Nobody should.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1772 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views