First Time

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 6:10 am
Today is the first time since about 6 weeks prior to surgery that I felt I had the need turn to my old ways of using food to cope. (That coping would be a cheeseburger and cheese fries with a big ass Pepsi!) Today I got some news that is rocking me to my core as I am trying to process it here while I am at work till I can get home alone to work it all out. The urge is so hard but knowing that I CANNOT eat that junk I left work and went for a drive to clear my head for the rest of the afternoon. I swear the fates are testing to see how far they can push me but they will not win..... If anything the last year I learned I am stronger then I give myself credit for this is just one more hurdle....
joldaker
on 6/16/08 6:30 am - West Bradford, PA
train your brain to hit the gym instead of that nasty old food habit.  You will feel better and can take out your agression if you need to. Jen
Highest Wt 299.8 / Surg Wt 285 / Curr Wt 157
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 6:45 am
Jen    Right now I am in work and in shoes that cannot with stand a walk or else I would have gone to do that for half an hour. I took my sneakers out of the wekend and didnt; toss my gym back in when I left. So the next best thing was a drive. This was the first time in months I had tht urge to want food but I didn't eat anything. So I consider that a plus that nothing went in my mouth. 
Patricia R.
on 6/16/08 7:49 am - Perry, MI
Deep breathing exercises can help.  Try them, and use them often.  It helps to calm me down.  Also, sips of water.   Hang in there.  The food is not worth it..  You are too precious to overeat over anything. Huggles, Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 11:40 am
Thank you Trish .... Deep down I worked way to hard to go back to food for comfort the feeling was there but taking a moment to think I knew that no way in hell was that junk gonna pass my lips. 
LadyJwb
on 6/16/08 8:55 am - Philadelphia, PA
(((Beth C,)))

Pam Hart
on 6/16/08 10:17 am - Easton, PA
Good for you for not even attempting it and for finding another way to cope - it's incredibly difficult to do - and a battle that will always be there.  It just gets easier to fight after awhile. ((hugs)) Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/16/08 11:38 am
Pam,  I came way to far to do that to myself ...If I had my sneakers with me I would have went to walk but the shoes Ihad on I could not walk in work.  It was ironic that I had a therapy appointment tonight and after being there 45 minutes I told him what was going on.  One thing food was not an option!  
dit657
on 6/16/08 10:05 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I'm sorry to hear you had such devastating news, but am happy that you didn't turn to food for comfort - we all know how easy that is, and the fact that you didn't is a testiment to how far you've come and how strong you are. I hope whatever is bothering you passes quickly - stay strong. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/08 4:05 am
Kathy,      I was pretty proud of myself too as I went to bed last night that I didn't "slip" by turning to food. I talked things out with my therapist talk about perfect timing. Afterwards I went shopping bought some clothes. At least it was on sale!     If i stay positive I believe in my heart it is gonna all work out ..one day at a time.  Thank you for your support not just today but everyday! You are an inspiration!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views