5Kers, ARE YOU READY?

Andy Kovatch
on 6/16/08 7:29 am - York, PA
Wow, time flies, doesn't it?  I just realized that our long-awaited 5K run/walk at Downingtown's Good Neighbor Day on July 4th is just two weeks from this Friday.  So, how is everybody making out.  Have you prepared for this moment?  It's going to be here before you know it, so I suggest upping your training just a little at this moment.  On a personal note, it had been a while since I tried an all out sprint in the 5K because I've been training for my half marathon in October.  So I wanted to see where I stood and absolutely shocked myself.  I bettered my previous best time by over 3 minutes with a clocking of 21:48!!!!   Even I was impressed.  LOL.  Anyway, a handful of us have already registered online.  If you haven't, I suggest you do if possible.  You save a few dollars doing in that way.  Just google Downingtown Good Neighbor Day and it will take you to the website.  For those of you that have already committed to the race and given me your shirt size, Liz is currently working on them.  For those of you that would like to join us, it's not too late.  I'm going to bring the topic up at Wednesday's post op meeting and see if we get any takers.  Liz said I can email her on Thursday with any additional shirts.  They are $10 and you can write a check on in Liz's name and send them to me.  I will pass them all along to her when I get them.  It's just easier that way so I don't have to worry about who paid and who didn't, who I gave money to Liz for and who I was still waiting for. My mailing address is PO Box 422, Kimberton PA 19442.  I will also be sending out pm's and/or emails to those on my list to get a final number of people attending the postrace cookout at Heather G's parents place. 

"No matter how hard life may get, no matter how many curveballs you are thrown, keep in mind, if you want to succeed - QUITTING IS NOT AN OPTION"!!!

ktreavis
on 6/16/08 9:36 am - PA
Andy -  How did you begin training for your 5K? I would like to have a goal of doing one next year and wanted to know what it took for you to get to that place. Thanks in advance for your help. You truly are an inspiration.  - Katie

Progress not perfection

bethmal
on 6/16/08 10:45 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
I used Couch Potato to 5K and it worked for me.  Google it and it should come up.  There is a running/walking schedule on there that helps you start building up to running.  Good luck! 

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

Pam Hart
on 6/16/08 10:11 am - Easton, PA
We'll be there ;-) Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Heather Kimmey
(Ward)

on 6/16/08 10:30 pm - Harleysville, PA
There's a couple on the site, which one do we want?

bethmal
on 6/16/08 10:46 pm
RNY on 12/26/17
OK, I am officially in.  I can't believe I am doing another one.

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

rachelstarr
on 6/17/08 5:42 am - PA
im excited! Hubbie and I already registered online too! And we have a Ballys Fitness Trainer helping us get ready!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views