How many calories are we supposed to eat

Nicole0216
on 6/16/08 12:57 pm - Lancaster, PA
does anyone know how many calories we are supposed to shoot for when you are 19 mos out? I know early out you dont really have to worry too much but now i am trying to lose the last 20 and not gain so i am not sure what calories i am supposed to shoot for
Pam Hart
on 6/16/08 7:56 pm - Easton, PA
I honestly don't know. However - I am going to be asking the nut this next month.  I want to do a few weeks of a very detailed food log - I'll probably start using fitday - and track how many calories I am getting, and then take it from there. Good luck! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/16/08 8:36 pm
Its based on how much you need to maintain your weight.  I'm 5'2" and aren't as active as most.  My maintain calories are 1400-1600.  You need to review with the nut your activity level and goal.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Nicole0216
on 6/16/08 9:04 pm - Lancaster, PA
i guess once i get in to dr braders ofice  i will ask the nut. i am trying to be better with food and have been tracking it on fitday and was wondering, well what the heck should i be eating? What is too much? Too little?
Laureen S.
on 6/16/08 10:23 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nicole, When I went for my last appointment, the NUT said I should not be having more than 1000 calories a day, that was for losing weight.  From other people I know to be on maintenance, the rule of what I've read there is to slowly increase calorie intake, 100 at a time of good choice foods, for a week at a time, and watch what the scale tells you.   But I would definitely ask a NUT to be sure. Good luck, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1772 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2550 views