Preop testing Endoscopy

lbunny
on 6/17/08 11:12 pm
My surgeon requires an endoscopy preop on all GB patients. Will I have to find a gastroenterologist and make an appointment with him/her first before I can this scheduled? Or will they just schedule the procedure? I realize that every doctor/insurance is different in what they require. Just trying to get some general info. Thanks
Laureen S.
on 6/18/08 12:02 am - Maple Shade, NJ

I was given a list of pre-op testing and I had to schedule everything and have the results submitted to my surgeon.   As you noted, each surgeon has different procedures, so ask him/her that question and be sure to request a copy of the results for your own records, as well as follow-up after each procedure to be sure that the results were submitted properly.  I found in most cases the paperwork did not arrive and by having my own copy I was able to get it submitted and move the process along. Good luck.  Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Pam Hart
on 6/18/08 1:55 am - Easton, PA
It depends on the doctor.  Call a couple of GI doctors who are covered under your insurance, explain to them why you are having this done. My father recently had to schedule a colonoscopy (happy 50th dad! lol) and the one he went with wanted an office consult first.  It wasn't an exam or anything - actually not even in an exam room - in his office - just like a meet and greet and chit chat.  Dad said it's only fair - at least he got to meet the man before the procedure - he likened it to dinner as a first date before the "fireworks"  He's such a dirty man....lol Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
lbunny
on 6/18/08 4:11 am
Thanks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1762 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1858 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2538 views