5 Day Pouch Test Question

LisaAC
on 6/18/08 10:26 am - Philadelphia, PA
I've heard of people losing weight while doing the "5 Day Pouch Test."  For anyone who did, please tell me: was this real weight loss or was i****er weight that went right back on afterwards?
"The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become."
jdruski
on 6/18/08 10:29 am - Philadelphia, PA

Hi Lisa, I did it about a month before my plastics and I did lose about 7 lbs. but then went in for the plastics so it is hard to say.  I am doing it again either next week or the week after.  I am doing it more to get back in touch with the pouch. If you have any thoughts or ideas please let me know. Jeanne  Scale 

Pam Hart
on 6/18/08 1:10 pm - Easton, PA
I lost 3 pounds.  Granted, I also got my period on day 5 of the pouch test - so who knows if it was the pouch test or the loss of water weight from my period. That being said - almost a week later and I have maintained that weight. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 6/18/08 1:54 pm
Everyone does not lose weight on the 5 day pouch test.  The purpose of the test is to prove to the user that their pouch isn't "broken" and to get you back into eating proper sized portions with the right kind of foods.  At the end of the test, the post op user should be able to continue to maintain their weight using the food groups from day 4 and 5 and be satisfied with the portion size.

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views