New To board

tanya72100
on 6/18/08 10:51 pm - Schuylkill Haven, PA
Hi there! Im Tanya from Schuylkill Haven. Pa. I am single mom of two great kids. I am having RNY surgery at Geisinger Medical Center on August 29th. Is there anyone else that is having or has also has surgery there? Im excited but also scared at the same time. I am looking for any great advice for the next month or so leading up to surgery? Thanks!!
Barbara T.
on 6/19/08 4:34 am - Levittown, PA
Hi Tanya! I had my surgery at the Barix Clinic in Langhorne so I don't know anything about the Medical Center you are going to.  Just know that it is a wonderful journery you are going on.  I remember when I had my RNY in 2005 that is was an emotional roller coaster.  I was excited to get the surgery, but I was nervous to get the surgery.  But, I would do it again in a heartbeat.  I did loose 121 pounds, but I've put some back on.  Just DO NOT experiment with the wrong foods after the surgery.  Sometimes you CAN get away with it (not for at least a year though!) and it only causes you to try again and that can lead to gaining back some weight.  You will be so happy once it is over and you see how fast the weight "falls" off of you.  You will try on clothes that are too small one day and too big the next!  Keep reading the message board and keep me posted on your progress and I will keep you in prayer. Barbara
Pam Hart
on 6/19/08 6:15 am - Easton, PA
I didn't have the surgery where you are having it but wanted to welcome you to the pa forum.  We are a great group here and very active. I myself am a jersey girl but post here because I used the Barix Clinics in Langhorne pa and have made so many wonderful friends here. Wishing you luck on your journey - it's expected you'll be nervous and excited all in one.  Looking forward to getting to know you better! Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/08 10:11 pm
Welcome Tanya!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1768 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1864 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2546 views