Hernia Surgery - Twins

Sheryl H.
on 6/19/08 1:06 am - Abbottstown, PA
Hi Everyone, today is the first day I felt like doing anything. Thanks for all the well wishes.

I went in for the hernia surgery on Tuesday. They though it was just one but it was two. (twins) Still don't know much. I only saw the doctor in recovery and I go back tomorrow to have a drain removed by the nurse. I won't see the doctor again until the 26th.

I am really sore, tired, ya know everything that happens after surgery. Today I am going to try and go all day without any pain meds. I also want to get cleaned up later. Little bits at a time. I get tired really quickly.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have come through okay. I will let you know more as I find out more. Take care all. Thank you again for all your prayers and well wishes.

Sheryl H.
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/08 4:41 am - Eastern, PA
Good to hear you're up and about. Don't be a hero. If you're in pain, take the meds!
Pam Hart
on 6/19/08 6:13 am - Easton, PA

Sheryl, Glad to hear you are OK - you were definately thought about. The thing with pain meds - you wait to long to take them until the pain is unbearable, I can almost guarantee they won't work.  You have stay ahead of your pain - if you don't - it's very hard to catch it.  Small steps at a time, and best of luck on the recovery. Pam

Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
EileenWalton
on 6/19/08 8:57 am
Glad to see you're home and posting.  Hope your recovery goes smoothly.
Eileen

jdruski
on 6/19/08 10:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
Sheryl, Hope you feel better real soon. Jeanne  Get Well Soon 
rivardstarr
on 6/21/08 7:42 am - phoenixville, PA
Sheryl, Nursing research has shown that those who use pain medication as needed, instead of toughing it out: heal faster, sleep better, cough/deep breath more effectively, have a better appetite, and end up using less pain medication in the long run. 2] Pain medication works best if you keep a steady blood level of the medication in your system. Waiting until the pain is bad, is like chasing the tail of a tiger, and you won't get effective relief. So... Take the pain meds if you need them. I hope that you feel better soon. Chris
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1865 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2548 views