And the results are in...

J. M.
on 6/19/08 11:46 am
Surgeon says: If this is still present next week, we should do a diagnostic laparoscopy and upper endoscopy next week. Am I nuts for thinking this is a little much? Can't some other tests be run before they go back in there?

~ Jen   

Shannon O.
on 6/19/08 1:37 pm - Reading, PA
I have no idea... but if it gets you answers who cares... you have been in pain for so long.... I just want them to fix ya!!! Hang in there!

jastypes
on 6/20/08 12:02 am - Croydon, PA
I think it's cautious enough and a smart move.  Before I had my surgery, my family physician told me the story of the only one person she saw with complications.  This person had continuous pain for quite a while.  After a long of time of trial and error of various remedies, they did the diagnostic lap and found adhesions, which would were causing all the problems and would never have been found and/or treated any other way.  Adhesions are fairly common, I understand, and if it were me, I'd like to know sooner rather than later.   

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Pam Hart
on 6/20/08 1:00 am - Easton, PA
Considering in the past few months you've had TWO cat scans and an upper gi series, I would think that, although "extreme" this may be the best answer for you.   I'll be thinking of you. Pam
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views