Need a WLS doc (one that does Lap Band) Danville, PA area!

marlab64
on 6/21/08 1:52 am - Bucks County, PA
Hi Everyone, My family is up here visiting my brother-in-law in Mt. Carmel, Pa.  He is interested in finding out whether he would qualify for the band.  Anybody have any suggestions of a good doctor somewhere around him? Thanks, Marla

Mary Ellen Wagner
on 6/21/08 6:04 am, edited 6/21/08 6:05 am - Millmont, PA
Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA. is a Center of Excellence and they have several great Drs that do Lap Band and/or RNY Bypass surgery.  I am Pre-Op with them and they have an excellent 6 month program they put you through before you have the surgery. Just call Geisinger and ask for the GI department and talk to them about setting up an appointment. You may have to wait for over 6 months and go through classes before you can have the surgery, they do a lot of Lap Band and RNY surgeries and have a lot of patients waiting for the surgery now. Best wishes to your Brother-in-law... I am hoping to have RNY in Nov. or Dec.   Toll Free Phone # for GMC is  1-800-275-6401 and ask for GI Nutrition or for an appointment with GI Nutrition. Mary Ellen

Fuller Brush/Stanley Home Dealer www.fullerdirect.com/0836699 

Trust in the Lord for All ThingsHe Will Provide

cleos_mom
on 6/21/08 2:38 pm - phila., PA
 Hi Marla  tell him to try try Geissinger hospital up there, I am almost positive they do it because my friend lives up there and she was going to get the band but then got the RNY @ Geissinger  Susan
Lois G.
on 6/22/08 12:29 pm - Ashland, PA
Hi Maria. I am from Ashland, PA...just a few miles from Mt.Carmel....At geisinger Dr. Petrick does the lapband and is very good.....I had my wls done by him in april of 07.......did not have the lap band though, but he is the one that does it and I know they have a special book for lap band vs. rny....he should contact them at 2716211 and ask for Dr. Stills office...he is in charge of the whole dept. for wls.....also if interested they have monthly a support group meeting in Danville...the first monday of the month at 3pm and the third monday of the month at 4pm.....down in the basement level....I go to all the meeting since before surgery and since I had surgery....support is a very important part of the journey..... you can email me if you like..... [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views