Thursday Roll Call

Patricia R.
on 3/23/11 2:37 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning PA,
I am up late, with post-op pain...nothing new here, same old ,same old.  I called the doc today, and he gave me some advice on lessening the pain, and dealing with the low grade fever I have.

Thursday has me continuing to keep my foot elevated, and nothing else new. I have books to read, and knitting to keep me busy.  I bet there are some other knitters on board here.

hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 3/23/11 8:27 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Trish & PA:

Trish hope you get that relief from pain soon. 

I also knit, crochet, and sew.  I don't have time for any of that currently, but am so excited that when my MBA is done next May, Gene and I are taking one of the new rooms in the new basement and making me a sewing room.   It's always been my goal to have the factory machines that I love we've found a nice little mom & pop store here in NE Philly that sells them changed over to "residential" friendly motors.  In my former life I am a seamstress and have designed my own clothing as well as my two daughters for many years, its time to get back into something I really love once grad school is over.  I also knit and crochet, passed down from  my grandmom to me, out of all her grandchildren 22 in all, I was the only one interested in knitting and crochet so i inhereted all her hooks and needles.

Today is about as exciting as I don't know what.  Drive down 95 in the rain.  Work till 4.  Too many projects having completion dates at the same time.  Completion dates not set in my department but in another department based on a certification the company receives very high marks on every year and decided to include a new initiative that our company is only one of 4 in the country that was chosen to receive this "extra" certification.  Very high level, important project.  All my work is so far behind, last night I just could not find it in me to bring home the laptop and put in those extra hours that are needed to keep up on my work. 

After work, hitting the gym, then home to rest.  Gene sees his clients tonight and tomorrow night so it is Hider and I and the house all to ourselves.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable day...

Ida

IdaMae

Nicole0216
on 3/23/11 8:43 pm - Lancaster, PA
Hey there. Been a wild 24 hrs. saw a article in our local Lancaster Magazine that kind of upset me a bit but I will get over it. Letting go is hard.

Today I am at work, this rain is doing a number on my hair it looks crazy. I have a possible client Evaluation this afternoon we will see. But do have a 6 pm appt with a new therapist I am interviewing. She specializes in working with therapists who are struggling with burn out, etc etc. I hope she is worth the $100 per hr she charges. Why dont I have the courage to charge that much?? 

then tonight we are going to the openineg performance of Sweeney Todd with friends at the Fulton Theater. This will be nice. Hope I can stay awake.

Oh and I did go to the gym with my supervisor yesterday and managed about a 1 hr work out so that was good. Will make it a bit easier to get there again now that I have ripped off the bandaid.

Hope you all have a good day
Liz R.
on 3/23/11 9:17 pm - Easton, PA
Hope you are feeling better this morning Trish.

I had trouble getting my butt out of bed this morning. Then had the "break" into my car through all of the ice and crud that had accumulated on it over night. Took me over an hour to get into work. Ugh. SO here until 4, headed straight home to hang with Amelia. Make dinner then bath, bottle, bed! She was up a few times last night because of being stuffy. I think I'll run the humidifier and tuck some vicks under her sheet tonight.

have a good day all and safe travels!
lynnc99
on 3/23/11 9:43 pm
Trish, one of my goals is to "really" learn to knit and read a pattern. Ultimately, I would love to knit socks! I do know how to crochet and did some projects as Christmas gifts last year (a first). And long ago I sewed everything, but haven't done much in ages.

Today is work, then taking care of some things for church, then the gym for an hour in the pool.

Hope you are all having a good day!
Lisa H.
on 3/23/11 10:17 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Morning all.. hope everyone is off to a somewhat peaceful start to their day.  

I'm not sure what was wrong with me when I got up.. I pulled the mirrors off the wall in the dining room and unassembled by ceiling fan.  The mirrors and fan were SO DUSTY, I could not do it assembled.  The mirrors are back up and I will be putting the blades back on the fan soon.   I was so tired of looking at it and it's (hopefully) going to be time to put the fan back on soon.  SO, that's what I did while I was nagging Siehara to get ready for school.  

Obviously, I don't have much to do for work.  I guess I'll spend my time doing some online trainings that can only help me in the future.  I will also catch up some of my DVR'd stuff.   After work, shlepping SIehara to Hebrew School.  Then, I may be meeting up with a friend for coffee while she's there.  If not, then I'll head to the gym for some cardio work.  I have been at the gym every day this week, so far.   Regardless of what happens DURING Hebrew School, I will still head to the gym afterward for pilates.  

There is a band that I like playing at the Sands tonight and I would love to go.  I just can't figure out how I can manage it on a weeknight.  Anyone want to come here and watch my child? She'll be in bed by the time you get here..... anyone... anyone.... *crickets chirping*... 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 3/23/11 10:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Trish and all of PA - Trish - I am hoping that your pain becomes more manageable as the day goes on.

I am sittng at school contemplating my day - yesterday did not go as expected.  I wanted to teach - however, there were too many kids pulled from each of my classes for testing things so I just "winged" it.  No matter what happens today I AM teaching - even if I only have three kids in my class - I AM moving forward - SO THERE!

I was up VERY late today so I am headed home after school to spend some time with Larry and the kids.  Have dinner - then I think I am headed to a friends house to watch the Flyers game tonight.  Still not sure about that.

That is my exciting day - hope your Thursday is exciting in ALL the right areas! :)
jastypes
on 3/23/11 11:05 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, friends.  I would like to eat myself into a coma today, but I promise not to.  Woke up to a flat tire.  I took the bus to the train station; my son walked to school; and now my man is trying to resolve the situation (not so easy, 'cause I seem to have lost the wheel lock key).  It'll all get fixed without my having to drink or eat over it, I'm sure. 

Time to get to work!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Nicole0216
on 3/23/11 11:32 pm - Lancaster, PA
I hear ya been doing well all week and today I am obssessing over carbs. Got that nagging voice. You and I can both get through this
jastypes
on 3/23/11 11:56 pm - Croydon, PA

We absolutely can!!! 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1865 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2548 views