Looking for a Recipe

victoria3
on 4/22/11 12:03 am - Douglassville, PA
for Cheeseburger Pie.....  (Lisa's post got me wondering about it)

Can anyone help?

Lisa H.
on 4/22/11 12:33 am - Whitehall, PA
 Here you go.. you can pretty much season it with whatever you want.  I didn't have peppers and onions in the house, so I used the spanish seasoning Sofrito that I had in my freezer. 

Cheeseburger Pie

This is a basic recipe...you could add any sort of veggies, different meats, interesting cheeses to make it new. Think of your favorite burger and put those ingredients in. I topped mine with spicy ketchup and dill chips.

I've thought that a Teriyaki one with pineapple and red onions would be yum. A Cowboy burger with some pinto beans mixed into the meat and BBQ sauce slathered on top under the cheese. How about some blue cheese crumbled in and roasted garlic. Or do a Greek olive/feta combo. Use your imagination, kids!

Serve this with a fresh and crispy green salad and the family won't miss the BUNS!

Vegetable Cooking Spray
1 pound ground beef OR 1 pkg. Morningstar Crumbles
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil (IF USING VEGGIE MEAT)
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon Adobo seasoning OR 1 teaspoon Taco Seasoning
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/3 cup crushed cheese or buttery crackers (OR bread crumbs)
One 6-ounce can tomato soup, undiluted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a deep dish pie plate with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
Over medium-high heat brown meat or veggie meat (with olive oil) and onion and peppers. Drain if using beef. Stir in oregano, Adobo, salt, black pepper, cracker crumbs, and soup. Pour into the greased pie plate. Set aside.

CHEESE TOPPING

1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (or any variety you like)

In a small bowl mix together the egg, milk, salt, mustard powder, Worcestershire sauce, and cheese. Pour over the burger mixture, spreading cheese to cover top completely. Bake for 30 minutes or until topping is set and golden. Makes 10 servings.

My tracker

hers 

victoria3
on 4/22/11 12:55 am - Douglassville, PA
Thanks, Lisa! Looks easy, I'm going to try it out.
Lisa H.
on 4/22/11 1:22 am - Whitehall, PA
 You know if I'm doing it, it has to be easy.. 

My tracker

hers 

Nicole0216
on 4/22/11 2:25 am - Lancaster, PA
yum yum

oh i want to get Maura's monkey bread recipe
victoria3
on 4/22/11 2:58 am - Douglassville, PA
I would like that too, Nicole.  I do have the not so WL-friendly version of that....

Maura M.
on 4/22/11 7:43 am - Yardley, PA
Hello Ladies....

Monkey Bread
2 tubes of grands reduced fat biscuits - each biscuit gets cut in 6 pieces
1 cup splenda mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup light butter, I can't believe its not butter or margarine (I use light butter)
3/4 cup brown sugar maltitol (some ppl use the splenda bs blend, but that has like 1/3 real sugar in it).  I get bsm online from bountiful harvest - pricey, but worth it.

generously spray nonstick bundt pan with cooking spray (a pan that is not fluted works better as this has a tendency to stick.  Coat each pieces of cut biscuit with the splenda/cinnamon (coat them well as this is what helps pull them apart later.  Arrange the pieces in the pan. 

In a saucepan, melt the butter and maltitol and bring to a boil for a minute.  Pour over biscuits

bake for 30-35 minutes (watch so it doesn't get too brown) - immediately turn pan upside down to release the bread, some pieces will probably stick to the bottom of the pan.

enjoy a small amount of this.  I only make it when there will be a large crowd as it is is TOOO easy to eat more than a fair share of this.. it is a trigger.. too tasty..
Maura

Lisa H.
on 4/22/11 10:05 am - Whitehall, PA
 I was kind of hoping you WOULDN'T post the recipe for this monkey crack.. 

I'm just going to continue to remember that I DON'T HAVE a bundt pan, nor do I NEED one.   I also do not want to hear that this can be done in any pan.  I'll just wait until someone makes it again and have it then. 

My tracker

hers 

Maura M.
on 4/22/11 10:07 pm - Yardley, PA
I only make it when there will be a large group so I don't have any leftover - I made it once for mark and I and I couldn't stop.  This is the reason why I posted with a warning :)
Maura

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/11 5:45 am
This is truly the best ever....It really is Monkey Crack! Yet will enjoy it when you or Steffi make it! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1865 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2548 views