Sooooo it's Saturday roll call

Lisa H.
on 5/13/11 8:49 pm - Whitehall, PA
MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!  You awake??? I am.. well sort of.. 

Today is Siehara's trip to Hershey.  I soooo wish the weather was better, especially since this is her first time there.  But, I'm sure they will have a good time anyway.  She and her friend are getting ready now.  I have to have them to school by 8.  They will get back around 10 tonight and her friend's mom is going to pick them up and keep them overnight.  

So, when I get back from dropping them off, I will most likely crawl back into bed.  I keep waking up in the middle of the night and that makes for very tired days.  

Today's the first day of my new medicine.  I went to my PCP yesterday and based on what I told him, he agrees that I most likely have been dealing with some form of ADHD my entire life.   He started me on a low dose of Concerta and gave me a post dated prescription for the next level up to start a month from now.  I'm hoping that we find the sweet spot on the dosage and that I see a difference soon.  

He thinks it will help in a lot of areas of my life, including my relationship with Siehara, my financial situation, and my eating.  Keep your fingers crossed!!   He also reminded me that when Siehara is doing stuff that drives me up a wall (like tapping incessantly on a container), that she has no more control over it than I have over the urge to rip the container out of her tapping little fingers..  

Anyway, back to roll call... after my morning nap, I am going to head over to the gym for some morning classes that I don't normally get to because of synagogue.. unless I change my mind and end up at synagogue.. oye.. 

Tonight, I am hanging out with a great guy and doing who knows what.  All I know is that it will be fun and Siehara is sleeping out.. 

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 5/13/11 10:45 pm
Good Morning Lisa and PA!

How are you doing my friend? Hope things are a bit better!! ((HUGS))

Anyway, after the fiasco with the electricity yesterday I made the executive decision to go out for dinner. We went to Chili's which we haven't been to in awhile. The food was good and the service was acceptable. The most important thing was that I got quality time with my two favorite people!! After dinner we came home and I zonked out on the recliner with an 8 year old next to me. Woke up around midnight and got her to bed. Watched my soap then fell back asleep on the recliner until the child woke me up to tell me that there was a bug on the wall. Took care of that! Now drinking coffee and taking my meds like a good girl!!(Haven't been doing that lately, BAD GIRL!!)

Today we are going to sell the last of the girl scout troops leftover girl scout cookies. We had more left than expected so that is why we are setting up a cookie booth today. After that, I need to go to Walmart then home for a bit. Maybe a nap, PLEASE!! If it is not raining we will go to the local carnival. If it is raining then maybe we will have a movie night.

That is it for me!
Have a great day everyone!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 5/13/11 11:06 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Lisa and PA Peeps,
I sure hope you get relief from the ADHD with the Concerta.  I have always suspected that I had ADD or ADHD, but being Bipolar, I would not have a clue.  I did not always have the Bipolar diagnosis, that was only told me to about four years ago. 

I am resting the leg where I have the bad hip and toes.  I woke up in a lot of pain on both, which makes no sense at all.  Took Utley for a really good walk, and then hit WalMart for some necessities, and luxuries. 

Also, picked up an early edition of Sunday's paper, to get the ads and coupons, as I am a coupon clipper.  I cut all the coupons, and mail my daughter the ones I don't need, that I think she would use, so it is like sending her money, especially if it is for diapers.

Sometime today, I must hit my AA meeting.  I also must see my ex, as I picked up his jumper cables while in Michigan, coz daughter borrowed them for her trip home in April. 

Have a terrific day.  Hope you are able to rest, and I hope the weather cooperates for the Hershey trip.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 5/14/11 12:24 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning Lisa & PA:

Hope the new meds work for you.  Hang in there!

I'm exhausted.  Some type of critter is trapped up in our attic crawl space.  Must be construction related, since we've never had a critter problem inside the house prior to this.  For the last two nights it has been keeping me awake.  Every little noise I hear I'm wide awake.   Gene called the exterminator this morning he will be here after 4.  Hopefully he can figure out how to get the darn thing out.  I hate the thought of a little critter dying up there. 

Was up early this morning.  Had an assignment due for class before noon today.  Have a huge assignment due for Monday but I got an extension until next Monday because I am having soo much trouble with the assignment.  This class has been the most stressful class I've had since 2007.  If I make it through this class and am still in the MBA program I will have absolutely no idea how I've accomplished that.  I also have to get my arse in gear for the coding certification test which is June 4th.  I have corrections to write in my coding books which are sent out periodically as they update the books during the year after they are printed.  My final for coding class is this coming Wed we are taking a timed practice test.

The house construction is going well.  Some aggrivating stumbling blocks but we are managing to navigate that.  It's fun to have the crew arrive at the house every morning.  I not only get hugs from Gene when I leave but all the guys in the crew.  Gotta love it....I'm going to miss them once they are gone, but not the mess they make every day....Coming home to see all the new changes to the house is very exciting.  I hope I'm documenting everything and not forgetting anything.

Work is soooooo crazy busy as well.  Normally I do a huge portion of my homework in work.  Lately I'm fortunate that I get a few minutes to research and quickly print what I've found.  So many projects beginning, in full swing, and winding down.  CRAZY in my department for all of us.  We are a small department 4 of us doing the work of 10, over the years we have lost 6 people in the department and have never replaced.  So we are a lean and mean department.  As the company is re-organizing and re-structuring they really cannot come after us to downsize, so although we know re-org is happening we are hoping we are lean enough for them to leave our little department as is.

Then there is the wedding to plan.  Bri told me the other day they want to get married the end of July or August.  She said in a couple of weeks her and Brian want to sit down with me, Gene and her dad to discuss the wedding and what they would like to have.  I told her to think about what she wants and we will make it happen.  She wanted to bake the wedding cake herself with my help decorating.  I suggested that we bake a small cake with grand mom's recipe - which is not really a good recipe for a wedding cake and all the icing and then have a wedding cake baked.  Baking and decorating a wedding cake for your own wedding is a lot of work and might prove to be too stressful.  After she thought about it she said I had a point.  If she does decide to bake the cake I will do the decorating as she asked, hopefully she does a small cake and agrees to us purchasing a wedding cake from a professional.  She also wants a pretty dress, not sure of the style yet.  She wants to have the wedding in Jersey so Brian's family will come.  What is wrong with Jersey people that they are all so freaked out about coming to PHILLY!!!!!!! 

That's all for me....hope everyone has a great day...

Ida

As for eating, I'm still forgetting to eat.  I've started setting my outlook calendar to send me a notice when I'm suppose to eat.  I was lax on my vitamins this week as well.  Two days I didn't take them at all, yesterday I completely forgot to pack and take them with me.  I've never experienced this much going on in my life all at once.

IdaMae

dit657
on 5/14/11 12:28 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all. I'm up and moving - walked the dog and ate. Got the first room of curtains down and in the laundry - cleaned one big window in the dining - getting ready to tackle the other one. The are extremely long windows so it involves a lot of climbing. Then I'm doing the baseboards as I go along. Also cleaning some stuff out and tossing things.

Ordered some jeans off HSN this morning - never used them before. I used to QVC all the time but that got me in a lot of trouble financially so I closed my account.

Well going to get my butt moving. Have a great day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 5/14/11 1:34 am - Hatboro, PA
Hello everyone.
Well I wasn't feeling well last night and had to call out of work, and once again today I'm not feeling all that great either so I highly doubt I'll be going into work tonight.  The worst part is that with how I've been feeling I didn't go to the gym yesterday and I'm not going today. 

On top of feeling sick, I also seem to be super depressed as well.  And then like an idiot I went and ate some really bad stuff that I shouldn't have, so that is making my mood even worst.  I feel like I've totally fallen off the wagon.

Anyways, I certainly hope that everyone else is having a better weekend then I am.
David
Cherish F.
on 5/14/11 2:08 am - Philadelphia, PA
Aw David, we all have those moments/days. Hugs.
The best thng you can do you have already done - acknowledged it and admitted it. It's when we start hiding that the real prolems can start.

Take today one minute at a time and try to make
better choices. I hope you feel better both physically and mentally.
~ Cherish
Cherish F.
on 5/14/11 2:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
Mornig peeps!
I am having a lazy mornign in, still sipping my coffee.
Going to lunch and the movies with my brother and Mom. He wants to see Thor, I want to see Fast Five. It's his b-day weekend, so he'll win.

That's it for me, and I'm glad for it. I have a busy week and weekend coming up so I want to try to get organized around the house tomorrow. Laundry, vitamins, etc.

Have a good Saturday everyone!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views