Sooooo....

(deactivated member)
on 5/25/11 12:10 pm, edited 5/25/11 12:14 pm - Hatboro, PA

The past few weeks had been a little bit rough, and I had a bad week where I ate stuff that I shouldn't have and gained a few pounds..  But I went to my surgeons office yesterday and weighed myself, and I lost the few pounds that I had gained and more...  I'm now at 279 lbs, which is 100 lbs less then my weight at the beginning of August 2010. 

That includes 14 lbs I lost in August pre-op, and then 86 lbs since my surgery that I had on August 24th.  When I look in the mirror, I still see a fat person so I don't really see the change..  But when I look back to pics from last year, I can definitely notice the difference, especially in my face. 

So I've lost 100 lbs, dropped 4 pant sizes, 2 shirt sizes, stopped taking my blood pressure medication, and am going to the gym 3-4 times a week and walking 4 miles on the treadmill. 

Here's a pic of me from the other night..

sandy L.
on 5/25/11 1:12 pm - Altoona, PA
 KUDOS!!  100 lbs is awesome.  

Patricia R.
on 5/25/11 9:08 pm - Perry, MI
Congratulations on losing that 100 pounds.  It's amazing what can happen when we exercise.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 5/25/11 11:46 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
David,

Congrats on your loss, keep going, recognizing what we do is part of the battle, then there is making the right choices for longterm health and well being and lastly, keep at the exercise, it gives you a little breathing room. . .

Again, congrats, this is an amazing journey. . .

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 5/25/11 11:57 pm
David,

We all have "rough times" when we eat things we shouldn't. We are human afterall, and sometimes we fall back into old "bad habits". Remember, the surgery fixed your stomach, not your head! I am almost two years out and I STILL see the fat person!!! It doesn't happen overnight, but it will!!

Congrats on your 100lbs!!! Keep on going!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 5/26/11 1:06 am - Boothwyn, PA
Congratulations David - 100 pounds is AWESOME!! I need to send your post and picture to my sister - she had been going through the insurance process to have lapband surgery but her doctor isn't a big fan of it - so I can tell she's backsliding. She says she won't have RNY - it's much too restrictive for her. Her doctor said he didn't think there were enough 'success' stories out there with the band, but you are definitely one of them!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 6:28 am - Hatboro, PA
Definitely check out the Lap Band forum on here...  There are lots of people with success stories.  But I also should point out that there seems to be lots of people that are very vocal about their lack of success and their problems with their own bands..  So you get a mix of people that are extremely happy with their bands, and ones that absolutely hate it on that forum.

But luckily for me I'm very happy so far.  My doctor is also very happy with my success as well, as I've lost somewhere around 45% of my excess body weight (I don't remember the exact figure).  My only regret is not getting the band sooner.  I originally had started looking into the band back in 2007 or so. 

I'd hardly call myself a success as of yet.  I'm still a work in progress, as I'd like to lose alot more weight, but I'm getting there. 

Best of luck to your sister, and I hope that she can get her insurance approval if she does decide to have the band (or any other) surgery.
Lisa H.
on 5/26/11 2:11 am - Whitehall, PA
 CONGRATS DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much of that bucket were you able to eat?? Not much, I'm sure.. lol

My tracker

hers 

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/11 6:29 am - Hatboro, PA
Well I avoided the corn and the potatoes, and pretty much just had some of the crabs.  I'm super slow at eating crabs though.  That was only the 2nd time in my life that I've had crabs, so it takes me a while to eat them.  But I did have alot of leftovers.  
Lisa H.
on 5/26/11 7:03 am - Whitehall, PA
 LOVE CRABS!!! They are sooo good and it helps that it takes awhile to eat them.  

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views