OMG I Almost Forgot!! Today is my 3 yr SURGERVERSARY!!

lauraanne715
on 5/27/11 10:27 pm - Pottstown, PA
LOL I almost forgot what today was until I just looked at the calendar in the kitchen while getting my breakfast! It is my 3 year surgerverary!!!!! How could I almost forget one of the most life changing days of my life!!!??? EEK!

Three years ago today I was being wheeled into the OR of Barix with the reassurance of Dr. Pupkova that everything was going to be alright! I was wheeled in at 307 lbs (I had lost 7lbs for the surgery!!) and when I hit my goal weight of 130 I had lost 176lbs total!!!! 

What an amazing ride this has been and as I stated in my very first posts here three years ago--my number one goal in having the surgery was to be able to conceive a baby and become a mommy because my dr at the time told me I was to heavy to concieve and carry a baby to term and I was not healthy enough to either....I had high blood pressure, high cholestrol, bad kneee, bad hips, sleep apnea, I was pre-diabetic and as my primary care physician said to me before I had the surgery "You are 33 years old and will most likely have a heart attack in six months if you don't take the weight off."  I was miserable, depressed, scared and feeling very much alone.

Then I found Barix and Dr. P and the OH board and all you wonderful friends!! This experience has made me a better person and I am so grateful and thankful I was able to do it and finally take charge of my health and my weight!

And here we are three years later and my dreams are coming true..my little one is going to be here in September and I couldn't be happier!!!!

I love Dr. P, I love Barix. and I love all of you here for your openess and support and help and advice to me these past few years...

THANK YOU!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

bvohl
on 5/28/11 12:00 am
Laura,

HAPPY SURGIVERSARY!!!! Keep on successing! So happy that your dream of having a child is coming true! There is nothing more rewarding(or exhausting, LOL)!!

Best Wishes,

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lauraanne715
on 5/28/11 6:28 am - Pottstown, PA
Beth-
Thank you so much --I am over the moon excited for the baby and cannot wait to experience all the joys!! 

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

IdaMae D.
on 5/28/11 12:46 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congratulations on your successing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ida

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 5/28/11 6:26 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you so much!!!!!

Laura

lynnc99
on 5/28/11 5:26 am
And the year ahead will be one of much happiness!

By the way....boy or girl?
lauraanne715
on 5/28/11 6:25 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you I am so looking forward to it!!! We are going to wait and not find out until the lil one is born  but I am a 100% certain it is a girl and the hubby is 100% certain it is a boy!! LOL

Laura

sandy L.
on 5/28/11 6:50 am - Altoona, PA
Congrats on your Surgerversary!!

lauraanne715
on 5/28/11 7:05 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you so much!!!!!

Laura

Cherish F.
on 5/28/11 8:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
Congrats Laura!!
 Cherish
Consult Weight/ Surgery Weight/Current Weight/  Goal Weight, Reached 4/7/11!!
     294                     286.5                     165.5                     164

Full abdominoplasty & Breast Reduction/Lift - 4/9/12!

Even miracles take a little time. ~ Cinderella

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views