Steamy Saturday Roll Call

Maura M.
on 7/1/11 2:37 pm - Yardley, PA
HEEEELLLLLLOOOOOO PA! 

I have been fairly absentee of late - lurking a bit as time has allowed.  Been busy with work - am working most of this weekend.....boo hiss!  At least I get to make up some hours from being on vacation last week.  We went to Alaska on a cruise - it was amazing - I met with a personal trainer - had two vists to the spa, we biked, hiked, kayaked, took a helicopter ride, landed on a glacier, took a dogsled ride and I was in a karaoke contest (didn't win, but it was fun) and we danced, danced, danced - we had so much fun.. a once in a lifetime trip!   I was so go go go, it was unreal - a much different version of me than past vacations!!!  I got my BMR read and got a reading of 21.3% body fat!  Unreal... the whole vacation was a continuous high!  I posted pics on facebook

Now, I am back to the reality of craziness at work.. company was bought out and not sure what it is going to mean for my contract, but I am hoping for the best!

Love all of you PA peeps!

Maura
Maura

steffihope
on 7/1/11 8:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning my friend!  Got your text this morning.   Happily was sleeping.  I slept straight through from 10:30ish til 6ish.  the best sleep I have had in about a month.  I am feeling exhausted - but that is still the meds figuring their way into my system.

I am at my in-laws shore house.  I have been nice to my MIL, so nice in fact that she asked me to have a heart to heart with her later this summer when I am not so stressed....oh joy, eye roll, I was much better off being a *****I can't imagine what THAT talk is going to be like.  She wants to have a good relationship, I don't really much care anymore.  It has been far too much water under the bridge.  She has hurt me so often over the years that I have a HUGE wall against her.  The only thing he has going for her is that she adores my children and without my mom, they are very lucky to have her.  I know in Judaism, fogiveness is how we roll, however, I struggle with that as it goes on and on in this relationship.  I will hopefully avoid this conversation for as long as possible but will certainly fill you in if something should come up.  oy!

So, today, and the rest of the weekend consists of being down the shore with amazing people.  This morning will be breakfast with the inlws and then getting out of here as fast as possble and heading to Brigantine for the remainder of the holiday with fb hubby and family.  It is only Larry, Molly and I heading over there.  I can NOT wait.  We always have such fun with them and to then hang with them on the beach and then a possible embibing evening ahead....we shall see!

Hope your Independence Day weekend is filled with love and happiness!  (Obviously, the drugs are working today!)
lauraanne715
on 7/1/11 9:37 pm - Pottstown, PA
Good Morning PA!

Today has me and the Hubby running some errands in preparation for our BBQ on the 4th...BJs, dollar store, wal-mart, etc...then hubby wants to drive the teenager around to some used car lots to look for her first car (not really my idea of fun--I think I will be skipping that part of the day) Then home so I can finish up the laundry and housecleaning etc..

Then I will be relaxing for the rest of the day ie..reading and perhaps working on some of my baby cross stich projects..

Hope everyone has a SUNSATIONAL SATURDAY!!! Stay cool!!!

Much luv!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

bvohl
on 7/1/11 10:24 pm
Good Morning Maura and PA!

Welcome back stranger!! Nice to see you posting!!

Sounds like your vacation was AWESOME! SOOOO JEALOUS!!

Yesterday was a fun filled day with my favorite 8 year old. Movies, carousel ride, lunch, shopping, etc.. I baked a jewish apple cake and it turned out well except that I took it out of the pan too early and the top of it fell apart. Steven was so disappointed that he would have it to eat....YEAH RIGHT!! It is his all time favorite! I went to Walmart last night to pick up some baking supplies, BIG MISTAKE!! First of all, all the crazy low lifes were out with their crying, screaming kids! I went there specifically to get SF chocolate chips and they were OUT! AARRGGHH!!! I was half way through shopping when I started to feel queasy and very tired. I then realized that I hadn't eaten anything in a couple of hours. So, I got into line and went straight home. I ate something then crashed on the recliner....so much for baking?? It is ok since our plans for Sunday were changed to Monday, so it gives me an extra day to bake!!

Today, going to Barix for a bit, then coming home to hibernate in the AC. We will be grilling later this evening after the heat. Then relaxing, then who knows??

Stay cool and hydrated!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

steffihope
on 7/1/11 10:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Which Wal-Mat do you go to?  I found SF chocolate chips at Nuts To You on Bustletone Avenue - along with SF Malt balls....very dangerous  (But makes for a VERY happy Steffi!)
bvohl
on 7/2/11 4:16 am
Steffi,

I go to the super walmart in Tullytown. It is the only place locally that I could find them...Seems that Nuts to You has it all!! My mom used to go there ALL the time!!

Thanks, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 7/1/11 11:16 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone. Today is our big family birthday party. I think we have everything we need for the festivities so I'm relaxing a bit this morning. Woke with a headache and now my tummy is a bit upset. Hoping that goes away - want to get on my bike this morning to get some of the stiffness out of my legs.

My brother saw the oncologist yesterday. The pet scan showed that the 'mass' does appear to be contained in one area of his chest and is not in his lungs, so that's the good news. The not so good news is that they saw a spot on his spine that needs to be loomed at further and he's also having an upper GI next week. His poet was put in last week and he'll be measured and tattooed for radiation in the coming week- he'll also be getting chemo to work with the radiation.

Well think I'll lay down for a bit then ride my bike and get cleaned up for the party.

Enjoy the holiday weekend everyone.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 7/2/11 12:25 am - Whitehall, PA
 Helllloooo stranger... glad you had a good time in AK.  It was definitely a once in a lifetime trip from what you have said.  

Today has me relaxing and doing laundry and some cleaning in Siehara's room for a bit trying to figure out if my lunch date is still on.  If I don't hear from him, I'm going to head to the pool for a few hours and just relax there.   I DO have a dinner date around 4-4:30.  So, I'll head back here from the pool in time to get showered and ready for that.  This is a guy that one of my friends introduced me to on FB and we are meeting for dinner tonight.  She is going to come to my place when she gets off work so she can see him, too.  He lives near NYC so she doesn't see him too often.  By then, Cherish will be almost here and the shenanigans will begin!

The base plan is karaoke.  But if that place is dead or there aren't any boys to play with, we will head out to a local club and go dancing.  I'm really looking forward to getting out with her and having a great time!  

Hope everyone has a great day.  I'm going to put my laundry away and play on FB for awhile, I think

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views