1 cup ricotta
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice or cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Splenda
1/4 cup flour
1 cup grated apple

Beat 3 egg whites until stiff; set aside. Combine yolks, egg, ricotta, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, Splenda, flour, and apple until just blended. Fold in egg whites. Spray skillet with non stick spray and heat over medium-low. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into hot skillet and coo****il golden brown, turning once

Zucchini Pie

1 cup chopped zucchini

1 cup chopped tomato

1/2 cup chopped onion

2 cloves garlic minced

1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

2/3 cup Bisquick Heart Smart® mix

3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk

2 eggs or 1/2 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

•  Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease bottom and side of pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches.
  • 2 Sprinkle zucchini, tomato, onion and cheese evenly in pie plate.
  • 3 Stir together remaining ingredients with for****il blended. Pour evenly into pie plate.
  • 4 Bake about 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool at least 10 minutes.

CHICK PEA & SPINACH FRITTERS

• 1 cup chickpea flour
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • Kosher salt
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed and roughly chopped
  • 1 10-ounce box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
  • Vegetable oil, for deep-frying

Directions

Whisk the chickpea flour, cornstarch, baking powder, cumin seeds, cayenne and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl. Add 2/3 cup water and whis****il smooth. Add the onion, chickpeas, spinach and ginger to the batter and mix to combine.

Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep heavy-bottomed pot until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees. Working in batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of batter into the oil (do not crowd the pan). Coo****il lightly golden, about 2 minutes, turning as needed. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Cool slightly, then gently press each fritter into a small disk, about 1/3 inch thick.

Return the fritters to the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden brown, about 1 more minute.

VERY LOW CARB MANACOTTI

FILLING: 
Whatever was left of the ricotta - 1 1/2 cups
1/2 package frozen chopped spinach - squeezed dry, dry, dry
6 ounces shredded leftover or cooked ground chicken
A couple of tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup 2% mozzerella
sauteed minced onion & garlic and oregano

ALSO:
1.5 cups marinara sauce
2/3 cup 2% mozzarella
Use a saute pan and make 7 very thin pancakes..stack on paper towels to absorb excess moisture as they finish.

Pour 1/2 cup marinara in the bottom of a small casserole dish (9x12"). Put a good sized blob of filling on each "pancake" and roll, place into casserole.

Top with more marinara & 2/3 cup 2% mozzerella

Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until golden brown & delicious.

CREPES

Ingredients

2 large eggs

3/4 cup milk

1/2 cup water

1 cup flour

3 tablespoons melted butter

Butter, for coating the pan

Directions

In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds. Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This allows the bubbles to subside so the crepes will be less likely to tear during cooking. The batter will keep for up to 48 hours.

Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to the cutting board. Lay them out flat so they can cool. Continue until all batter is gone. After they have cooled you can stack them and store in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months. When using frozen crepes, thaw on a rack before gently peeling apart.

bvohl
on 9/19/11 1:24 am
Thanks for posting Liz!
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 9/19/11 2:02 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Liz,

These sound sooooooo yummy, I especially like the pancakes recipe, which I will be trying this weekend. . .

Thanks!!!

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

deebatt
on 9/19/11 1:33 pm - Imperial (Pittsburgh), PA
Thanks for sharing.....yumm

FYI.. i make the lo carb manicotti using eggroll wrappers instead of making the crepes......very easy and oh so yummy

~ Denise 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1764 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1859 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2540 views