recipe help please

Lisa H.
on 10/23/11 2:02 pm - Whitehall, PA
So, I went to do the cooking this morning for the Bat Mitzvah and ran into a problem.  The Nature's Sweet malitol is not marked Kosher and I cannot use it at the synagogue for the sugar free chocolate chip cookies that I love so much.  It's the Toll House version that Liz came up with..  

I still want to make SF choc chip cookies and am willing to use Splenda IF I can get a recipe that will not come out dry.  

Anyone have one that works out right without getting dried out? I know I can probably use the brown sugar blend, which is not sugar free, but still not AS bad.. but what about the regular white Splenda?  What can I add to it to avoid dryness?  One of my coworkers at Dress Barn suggested adding sour cream, but how much? 

Any ideas or recipes?? 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 10/23/11 9:16 pm - Easton, PA
that stinks!!! I'd use spenda and add 1/4 cup applesauce, that should keep them moist.

Good luck!
Lisa H.
on 10/23/11 9:44 pm - Whitehall, PA
 so just use your recipe swapping out the malitol with Splenda and adding the applesauce?  Maybe I should make a batch at home to make sure they taste ok.. or just take the chance since I trust your expert opinion so much 

My tracker

hers 

Liz R.
on 10/23/11 10:36 pm - Easton, PA
It can't hurt to give it a whirl but Im sure it would be fine!
Nicole0216
on 10/23/11 11:09 pm - Lancaster, PA
We will forgive you. I have never met a SF chocolate chip cookie I did not like. Crunchy or not
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views