Giving Thanks Thursday Roll Call

Maura M.
on 11/23/11 1:02 pm - Yardley, PA
I haven't posted in a loooong time and I am posting just a minute past midnight, so I guess this is cheating.  But, I was up after doing some prep work for dinner tomorrow and thought I would start roll call.

My in laws, Parents and SIKL & family will be here tomorrow.  10 total, so not too big a group.  I certainly have not tailored my cooking to a manageable amount.. our options include: turkey, turnips ick), creamed onions (ick), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, stuffing, roasted brussel sprouts, corn, cranberry, biscuits, sf pumpkin cream puffs, and a host of sugar desserts for the non rny people!!!

Be thankful today people!! as we have so much to be thankful for!
Maura

IdaMae D.
on 11/23/11 11:48 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM Maura;
Nice to see you start the roll call!!!!!

Today is a day Gene and I have a lot to be thankful for. 

We are heading to his sister's for our "normal" family gathering.  I believe there will be about 20 or so attending this year.

We were supposed to serve at the breakfast our church was hosting for the homeless folks in center city, neither of us heard the alarm go off this morning, so obviously our bodies were trying to tell us something (that we needed rest) so we've just been being lazy this morning.

Wishing our OH family a very Happy and Thankful Thanksgiving.....

Ida & Gene

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 11/24/11 12:55 am - Whitehall, PA
 Good early afternoon everyone..

Went to CVS this morning and scored some great deals... check out my FB album for the picture..lol
www.facebook.com/photo.php

Now, I am putting the goodies away and getting ready to take a shower.  We have a change of plans.  Siehara's friend, Blake and his family invited us over.  Blake felt bad about us being alone and his step mom wants to pay me back for "putting up with Blake" so often.. he's a good kid.   Honestly, I am happy they invited us.  It will be a little strange because I don't them very well, but they seem very cool and I'm sure it will be fine. 

Hope everyone is spending the day with those you love and are thankful for everything you have in your life. 

My tracker

hers 

musicaldonna
on 11/24/11 1:22 am - PA
Happy Thanksgiving Maura, Ida and Lisa,

Am heading to my sister's for dinner around 3 PM.  Everyone will be there including my niece's boyfriend.  Know that I don't post much but I try to read everyday.  Am gratefu for the regulars on the board.  BTW I noticed that Liz hasn't been posting.  Is she okay?  I am not on Facebook so I am limited in my knowledge of people.  How about Nan?  Anyone hear from her and how her recovery is going?  I am grateful to all of you and the support/love you have shown me these 2+ years.  In spite of my regain I am still way better off than I was 3 years ago.

May your holiday be all it needs to be for each of you.  Wishing you all peace and the simple joys of life. 

Donna
bvohl
on 11/24/11 1:46 am
Happy Thanksgiving Maura and PA!

So glad to see you posting roll call, it has been TOO long!!!!

Last night I had my major baking feast done. I made oatmeal raisin, pb cookies, and chocolate chip cookies all SF. Then I made SF Key Lime Pie, cherry and apple pie. This morning I made green bean casserole. I also did some bills, cleaning and straightening.

Steven and I are trying to figure out logistics for shopping tonight and tomorrow....it should be interesting. Haven't done this in YEARS!!! We only have a few specific things that we want to buy. I am going to take a ride out to the Coach outlet and treat myself to a new handbag! Then we are meeting friends for dinner in the late afternoon.

Saturday will also be busy. Dee has a birthday party to go to and then I have plans to go out with friends at night.

Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!! I am so grateful for all of you!!

Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

FireWitch86
on 11/25/11 10:09 am - PA
New to the site. Just had my surgery a month ago. Hosted family at my house, just a small group. I did the cooking and tweaked my stuffing and candied yams to be healthier. I also made SF cheesecake and apple pie. Also a NSA cherry pie. Everyone loved them, even my picky hubby. lol Went much smoother than I thought it would. I got to have my turkey and a couple bites of stuffing, so I was happy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views