Abington Bariatric

apw0
on 11/29/11 8:36 am - Doylestown, PA
Sadly, I saw my surgeon for the last time today. Dr. Josloff is leaving the Bariatric practice. He already has a surgical practice, and he's a trauma surgeon for AMH, so he's stretched pretty thin. He is not only a wonderful surgeon, but he's just a great guy, and I will certainly miss him.
I consider it a privilege to have started my journey with him, and to have been a patient of his. I think he could very well be the love of my life.
Never have I met such a doc that takes such a personal interest in his patients. I had my surgery on a Monday, and was released the next day. Two days later, he took the time to call me, and see if I was having any problems or if I had questions for him. On my follow up appts, he has never rushed me through the appt. He always made me feel like I was his most important patient. Even today, he was paged twice, but waited until I left the exam room before he answered that page.

I wish you all the best Dr. J, and I'm so glad that our paths crossed. You have changed my life forever! Of course, you've ruined me for other docs, because your's is the standard that all physicians should aspire to.

dit657
on 11/29/11 9:07 pm - Boothwyn, PA
I'm sorry to hear that your surgeon is leaving, and can totally relate. A lot of us Barix 'babies' have lost our favorite surgeons - Dr Pupkova, Dr Boe and Dr Marymor (although I believe he is back at Barix). I guess it's part of the business - they work under contracts and when they're up they move on.

I know the surgeons at Barix were wonderful people as well - and we all became very attached to ours. I will always feel that Dr Boe gave me my life back - he was always there when I needed him and like your doctor, you never felt rushed when going to see him. I had an incident about 4-5 days post-op at home where my new puppy jumped from the ottoman and hit me square in the stomach - it literally brought tears to my eyes from knocking the wind out of me, and of course scared the crap out of me because I just had major surgery. I called Barix and as soon as I told them what happened they sprang into action, getting me right through to Dr. Boe's nurse, and about an hour later he called me - and again the next day.

They are definitely a special breed of surgeon - compassionate, caring, and personally invested in each of their patients. I'm glad you had such a wonderful experience with yours and even though he's moving on, you will always have that special place in your heart for him.

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
jdruski
on 12/1/11 1:33 am - Philadelphia, PA
It is so nice to hear of a surgeon who cares about his patients.  Will there be a replacement for him so that you can continue to see someone at least for the first few years.

Jeanne
apw0
on 12/1/11 1:46 am - Doylestown, PA
The Bariatric practice is still there, so I will be seeing another surgeon. Actually, I have already made my appt with one of the docs that started the practice, so I know that I'll be in good hands.
Dr. J and I just had such a great rapport. He would look at me and say "you know, I really really like you". To me, that's incredibly special. And even when I had my first appt with him, one of the things that really struck me is that he took my hand and said "thank you so much for allowing me to go on this journey with you".  I was putty in his hands after that. You just don't see that kind of sincerity in a clinical setting. But like I said, I know that he has left me in very good hands, so we shall see.

Annette

apple60
on 12/1/11 4:32 am - schwenksville, PA
  I had Dr. Bonnani at Abington and he is really very caring and sincere.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views