OT Bye Bye

Nicole0216
on 11/30/11 5:55 am - Lancaster, PA
May not seem like a big deal to many people. But I defriended my younger sister mary on FB today. She is the one who said the hateful things about me changing post op and about Jason. I figured that it was time. In a way it is a gift to her ,she can now talk about me on her page with abdandon. Me? I no longer have to worry about what she will say about the latests things happening in my life. I no longer need her feedback.

Love you all for your support
IdaMae D.
on 11/30/11 6:39 am - Philadelphia, PA
Nicole,

I totally understand where you are coming from!!!!  So proud of you for being able to do what you need to do to take care of YOU!!!

I had to make the choice a few months back to disconnect from my only brother.  It was the best decision for me, he can no longer hurt me, and I'm in a much better place for it.

Hugs....

Ida

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 11/30/11 7:21 am - Whitehall, PA
 Good for you! You don't need the negativity in your life.  

I am proud of you for being strong enough to let go. 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 11/30/11 7:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
 Oh Nicole - I am so stinking proud of you!  You know how hard it was to delete the toxic person from my list and I have survived thus far as will you!  No one needs to be around hurtful people.  As I tell my students - "it is ok to not join the crazy!"

I love you!!! :)
enasangels
on 11/30/11 9:38 am - PA
Nicole,
Congrats.  You are a smart YOUNG lady.  It took me 58 years to figure that one out.  In the last four years I have cut a few people out of my life because I do not need their negativity, or their drama and am a lot happier for it.  You go girl.
Hugs, Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

Patricia R.
on 11/30/11 12:10 pm - Perry, MI
 I totally empathize with you.  A few years ago, I defriended a long time friend who kept making constant negative comments about people who have gastric bypass surgery, claiming the doctors don't take precautions with the patients before their surgery, and that they are only in it for the money.  Plus, she was at Barix the day I had my surgery, and claimed that people who were scheduled for surgery, that she saw, did not need surgery.  I tried to re-educate her, but she has a mind that is closed.  She also made tons of negative comments about mental health issues, and the mental health profession.

If I wanted constant negativity in my life, I would just call my ex-husband daily for a rehashing of how horrible my marriage was.

Good for you.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 11/30/11 8:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hugs Nicole - no matter what I'm sure it was not an easy decision, but for your sanity and good mental health you must do what is right for you. I'm very close to my siblings, although I will admit it's not always easy!! Take care of yourself - you can't help others if you don't.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 12/1/11 12:25 am
Nicole,

It is a HUGE deal!! It takes a great deal of inner strength to defriend someone, especially a sibling. It sounds like she has not been a positive force in your life and you don't need that!! I had to defriend someone who was like a sister to me. It still hurts to this day but our friendship had changed to the point where we just could not be friends.

So proud of you! You know that Steven and I support and love you and Jason no matter what!!

Love you!!
Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

bethmal
on 12/1/11 4:13 am
RNY on 12/26/17
Good for you for getting rid of 'toxic' people!  Proud of you!!

You can't measure your achievements with someone else's yardstick!

Revision from lapband to RNY 12/26/17 with Dr. Caitlin Halbert

HW 260 SW 248 CW 154 GW 145

Gallbladder removed 9/18

Beth

musicaldonna
on 12/1/11 8:57 am - PA
Nicole,

What a Christmas gift you have given to yourself.  I am happy that you have chosen to eliminate this negative energy from your life.  God knows your job has enough stress attached to it.  You certainly do not need this crap from anyone least of all a family member.  Making this decision should take a huge weight off of your shoulders.  Be proud of yourself  - your OH family certainly is.  Take care.

Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views