Thursday Roll Call

steffihope
on 1/25/12 9:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning everyone in PA!  I am here at school, hoping for a quiet UNEVENTFUL day.  I have not been here for a full day since Monday.  Yesterday I had a funeral.  I only came in because we had a building committee meeting in the morning before school with our principal.  Then my 8th graders had another meeting with the principal to roll out the new demerit and discipline program in place for the 2nd half of the school year.  So, I came in knowing how important that was to the kids and the school.  I left and went to pick up Larry and went to the funeral.  From there we went to the shiva house for the afternoon and then I went to the doctor for an issue I was having - issue is now resolved, a strong antibiotic is being taken.....then last night sucked!!!!! I was supposed to head to  see Motherhood The Musical - I got in to Larry's car, realized I didn't have my glasses - they were in MY car, drove to Josh's work because he had my car and my glasses were not there - I was freaking out because how could I go to a show without my glasses and I also needed to finish my grading - I lost it, called my girlfriend and told her I couldn't make it and went home and finished grading and was basically miserable all night.

So, today is a new day.  I am here at school. I am planning on getting right to work and doing what I love to do - teach and interact with my students.  We are starting the new discipline program today and these kids really need to take it seriously.

Tonight I am headed home pretty soon after school lets out, do the homework dance with Emily, have an early dinner and head back out to the shive house to support my girlfriend and her family.

Happy Thursday all! :)
Patricia R.
on 1/26/12 12:13 am - Perry, MI
Good Morning Steffi and PA,
I had a lovely evening last night with my sis-in-law here.  She brought over dinner, and after we ate, we sat and knitted and crocheted and caught up with each other.  I am eating like a queen lately.

In a little while, the visiting nurse will be here to change the dressing on my wounds.  

I finished my fourth and final scarf for Special Olympics.  Thank you to anyone who participated in making scarves for our athletes.  I have friends in other states making scarves for their states' Winter Games.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

victoria3
on 1/26/12 12:27 am - Douglassville, PA
Tri****ook my scarves to the post office this morning. 

Patricia R.
on 1/26/12 2:24 am - Perry, MI
 Awesome!  Thanks so much!
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views