Boring Monday rollcall

enasangels
on 1/29/12 6:56 pm - PA
Good Morning Pa,
I have been MIA for awhile.  Came back to check in on the rest of you.  I am visiting with relatives in Kutztown for the weekend.  These people are killing me.  I am always cold, however they have the heat so high I am about to die.
Had some really good times with my Aunt this weekend, and got to spend time with my cousin yesterday, who is more like a brother to me and very protective especially with all the current drama going on in my life.
Have had some really great Pa. Dutch meals, and have surely over indulged, as a matter of fact can't remember ever eating so much.  Will need to get back to reality when I get home today, and fall back into a good eating plan.
Grandsons birthday was yesterday, they to all the kids to Wash. DC to celebrate, so I came to Pa.  He is a special needs child, and when I finally got a hold of him on the phone last night I have realized just how far he has come just since Sept.  Hearing his voice on the phone and how much better he can articulate was wonderful.  Good thing my daughter called back, I thought she did not have to go into wor****il Tuesday night, turns out she has to go in tonight, I would never have been there on time as my aunt and I were going to bake "fat cookies" today. (my daughter took my pocket calendar to update it and never gave it back, what can I say)  I sure will be glad when this "nanny" gig is over, so I can get on with my life.  I am right there with Kathy
she wants to be in her Flordia home, and I want to be in my Tn. home so I can get a dog to keep me company and have my own life again.
So today finds me heading from Pa. back to Md. to my grands.  Have a good day all.  Kathy I hope your recovery goes well and is quick.  Have a great day everyone.
Ena

"Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

IdaMae D.
on 1/29/12 7:43 pm - Philadelphia, PA
GM Ena & PA:
Ena great to see you posting, safe travels.

I'm off to work and then class tonight.  Presentations that were put on hold last week are tonight.

Yesterday Gene and I were out of the house for a while.  He's feeling better his mom was having trouble with her phone and obsessing on it so we had to go down to prove to her that it is something outside and not inside that she didn't do anything to the phones.

When we got home, someone had purposely drove on our lawn on the side of the driveway and garage.  Called the police they said it was not a drunk driver, it would not have been done so perfectly, their opinion is it was done on purpose by someone.  So all the new grass, and the landscaping down the tubes.   Theh police are also wondering if it has something to do with that low life GC we'd hired like they said since he's been at our house they've been called quite frequently, prior to that they never had a call to our home.  Go figure.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 1/29/12 9:15 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Ida,
So sorry to hear your yard was vandalized.  That is just low down dirty.

Hope you get things resolved with the legal matters concerning the General Contractor.  It sure makes sense that he would be the one doing the vandalism.  It's just so childish.

Hang in there.  School is almost over.  Can you see the light at the end of the tunnel?  I remember when I was near the end of my Masters, and it was like breathing a breath of fresh air.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 1/30/12 12:01 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Trish;
thank you for your encouragement!
Yes, I know there is light at the end of the tunnel, don't see it just yet.  4 1/2 months to go....then freedom!!!!

Yes, it is childish but something I can see him having done to us.

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 1/29/12 9:11 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Ena and PA,
I had a good weekend, nothing exciting.  The nurse has been coming everyday since Friday.  Tomorrow is the last day for her daily visits.  After Tuesday, she comes every other day.  She is trying a different medication treatment on the wounds in order to facilitate healthy tissue healing.

After she leaves, I will be knitting a baby blanket I am making for donation to a Special Olympics Basket Raffle.  Nothing else going on in my life.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

steffihope
on 1/29/12 9:46 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Good morning Ena and all of PA - Ena there is a special place in heaven for you for all that you do for your family.  When my mom was alive, we certainly depended on her, but she did work and could only do what she could do.

In other news - My sister is pregnant = AGAIN!  Sigh....I know this is absolutely awful, but I am so over her having children.  This is going to be her 6th kid.  The other 5 rub me the wrong way as my sister nor her ridiculous husband discipline them.  My neice, I beleive, has some social anxiety issues, and the 4 boys are hellish.  One broke their window by throwing a shoe threw it and my sister's resonse, a shrug and a, "what do you do?"  Are you kidding me?!?!?!  And then she tells me that she is probably not going to get it fixed as he will only do it again.  Oh, and it costs too much money.  I guess the heating bills that she is going to get are not an issue.  Maybe it is because she is on public assisstance because she has too many children to worry about actually working.  College education people......It makes my skin crawl and I get soooo angry.  Seriously??!  I would LOVE to not work and stay at home and do whatever with my kids.....Nope - I have what is known as "Work Ethic."  As does my husband.  Her husband, ALSO a college graduate, works part time at the Narberth Acme making sure the the Kosher food is appropriately Kosher.  Uch.....it makes me crazy!!!!!!!  AND...she will be 40 in 6 weeks.  I am just waiting for her uterus to fall out!  I am so scared for her, all but one of her pregnancies are C-Sections.  She has been told by more than one surgeon that she should stop having children.  Her response - find another surgeon.  I really believe that she will die young based on the abuse shehas put her body through.  

Ok - I have to breath and deal with this crap........Anyway - I am in school.  Awaiting hearing about a body that was found just a block from my school yesterday.  It was a boy, hispanic, between the ages of 16-21.  As of last night, we did not know the identity of the boy.  My kids were all facebooking about it and they did not know either.  After school today, Molly and I both have our therapist appointments.  Tonight we are all home.  I was thinking about going to see "One For The Money" but I think that is not important.  I think we all need to hang out together.

Happy Monday all!
Lisa H.
on 1/29/12 10:09 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Howdy all.. so many of us have so many things going on.  I'm hoping we can all get past them and get back to taking care of ourselves.  

Today is Siehara's first day at the acute partial hospitalization program at Kids Peace.  I will post separately, but we both started off the day with a positive attitude about it.  

On my agenda today is working for Aetna, including some overtime since I'm home, it's available, and I need the money.  I also have to make a few phone calls.  I ordered a glucose monitor from Aetna, which I was able to get free due to Siehara's Metformin prescription.  I now need to call her endocrinologist to see if she can write an RX for the test strips so I don't have to pay for them.  I mentioned my dizziness and what I think is hypoglycemia to MY doc and he said that the only way to know is to test my sugar.  I told him I ordered the monitor, so if her doc can't give me the Rx, I'm sure mine will.  I just think that I will have to pay under my insurance so if I can get them under her it's better.  

After work tonight, I need to get some spare keys made for my apartment.  They all seem to have disappeared over time.  I gave a key to Neil yesterday before he left, with the understanding that there are to be no "drop ins" and it was basically because he sometimes comes at night or while I am at work and this way he doesn't have to worry about Siehara being there or waking me up if he gets in late on a night when he has a class.  It was a big step, but he knows the guidelines.   I also want to give one to my neighbor for emergencies.  I never really knew anyone in the building who I trusted to give one to.  She is not in the same building, but lives across the complex, so it's good enough.  I know I can trust her and I'll just let her know it's for emergencies and not to let her kids (especially her youngest) know about it.  Her youngest has similar issues as Siehara, so I can't take any chances.  

Other than that, hoping to get some good feedback from Siehara when she gets home.  I'm really hoping for a positive outcome from all this. 

My tracker

hers 

dit657
on 1/29/12 11:11 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all - Ena its great to see you posting! Hope you're back in Tennessee soon. We're trying to be patient with our pending move to Florida but it's really hard sometimes.

I'm home again this week still recovering from shoulder surgery - my boss has really annoyed me by forcing me into short term disability instead of letting me work from home that I may take an additional week or two. Everyone else can work from home and she told me to bring my laptop home, which I did, but I'm not supposed to work from home? Grrrr.

Good news is we picked out new carpet for the Florida house a d it's being installed Friday morning - my sister will meet them at the house. They'll measure the rest of the house while they're there.

Today I'm getting ready to unload the dishwasher, put laundry away, then getting on my bike for a while. Then I'll clean up and put on fresh clothes then maybe do some Internet surfing. Making meatloaf for dinner. Takes twice as long doing everything one handed since I'm still in the sling contraption.

Take care everyone and have a good day. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Patricia R.
on 1/30/12 12:29 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Kathy,
I hope your recupration from your surgery is quiclk.  I totally understand about wanting to get back into the swing of things.  I am right there with you.

Hugs and prayers,
Trish

Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 1/29/12 11:35 pm
GM Ena and PA!!

Welcome back Ena!!
Trish, continued healing...
Steffi- can't believe your sister is pregnant??
Lisa- ((HUGS)) to you and Siehara
Ida- It makes sense that the GC vandalized your lawn...albeit EXTREMELY IMMATURE!

Well, my weekend flew by way too fast!! I was busy selling GS cookies and doing errands!! Shopped at Redners and got some good deals. Sunday after cookie booth we hung out with my BFF, had lunch, went to Walmart to pick up a few things then came home. I got stuff ready for the morning. Before I knew it, IT WAS!!!

Today is wor****il 3:30 unless we have a staff meeting. Then home to pay some bills! YIPPEE!!! Steven only has FOUR days left at his current position. Next Monday he will start his new position only 8 miles from home!! M-F 8:30-5!! No more single parenting on the weekends for me!!!! I have done it for too long.....

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views