new beginnings Monday!

Lisa H.
on 2/5/12 9:25 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Happy Monday.. things at home are looking up.  I can really see the difference in Siehara since she started the outpatient program and her new meds.  It's only been a week, but she is definitely improving!  We had a great weekend with a lot of nice times together, laughing together and doing girl stuff.   She slept over at the neighbor's on Saturday and was able to find a way to deal with some of the annoying things that her friend was doing, instead of just running back home to get away from her.     Now it's time to get back to ME.  I went to Barix  on Saturday and vented about my issues.  I got some great ideas and am going to implement one at a time.. well probably 2, but it shouldn't be an issue to do both.     First thing I am going to do is get all of my water in.  I tend to drink way too much coffee during the day.  So, I am going to stop with the caffeine by 9 AM and switch to water/ decaf after that.     Second thing I am going to do is eat by the clock.  I have a reminder set on my calendar for every 3 hours.  If I feel like I am hungry and the 3 hours is not up, I will not eat.  I'll grab a bottle of water, instead.  I CAN do this!! 

Today has me working both jobs.  I called Dress Barn yesterday to let them know I could come back to work as of Wednesday.  The manager on duty told me they have me on for today and Friday fo 5-9:30.  She said she could switch it because they had someone on call for today, but I told her it would be ok.  I am going to go in and I am going to leave Siehara home.  I will still implement all of the necessary precautions of leaving, but I know it will make her feel better knowing that I am starting to rebuild my trust.  

I hope everyone has a good week.  Mine is starting out great and I intend to maintain my positive attitude.  How about you? 

My tracker

hers 

steffihope
on 2/5/12 9:36 pm - Philadelphia, PA
 Hi Lisa - Good morning to you and all of PA!  It was so great to see you on Friday night. I am so sorry that I missed the meeting on Saturday - I totally sat down for five minutes, and then I awake - only to see it was 1:30.  I couldn't believe I missed the entire meeting - and the morning for that matter.  UGH!  So much happened around me - Larry got Emily dressed and off to a birthday party, Josh had gotten himself up and left for work, and somehow during that whole time, Molly got some money from Larry and went to Wal-Mart to get a gift for a friends' bday party that night.  I was definitely not a functioning person Saturday morning.  WIERD! 

Here I am, sitting at school.  I have a lot to accomplish today - all the standardized testing from last week now needs to be input on to the kids computer program.  So that will be with all my classes today.  Our Language Arts teacher - the crazy one - is out and the kids sadly can not be trusted to use her computers, so I have to oversee the math AND the Language Arts answers.  Oh the joy!  After school I have my therapist appt and then home for the evening.

In other news, I really think that I am going to start training for a 5k in April.  A friend of mine said she really wants to do one also, so as of now, we are scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday to start.  I am going to download the C25k app on my phone and see how that works.  If I find that after two weeks, I can do this, I will register for the Dash for Donors 5k on April 15.  I am scared, but after looking at the program, it really does seem doable.  

That is all for me - Happy Monday all.
lynnc99
on 2/6/12 2:22 am
Steffi, thanks for your kind words. I think Ineed the accountability of forum check in and will proably be around more in the time coming up.

THere is a 5K in FL that I am considering - not that I would actualy do more than a fast walk, but get this. The admission "fee" is a pair of new childrens' shoes for migrant worker children. Like.....who can argue with THAT????? Even if I just make it halfway, I'll enter and make the donation. I know that adding some treadmill time - fast walking or a light jog - would help me a lot with burning off some of the fat cells that linger. I need to get back to being very serious about all the details of the program....over time, it's just too easy to round off the corners and do things that aren't necessarily "terrible" but not doing me any good eihter. And they add up on the scale.
Laureen S.
on 2/5/12 9:51 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Lisa, PA Posters. . .

I'm glad things are going in a better direction for you and Siehara and that attending the support group on Saturday gave you some good ideas that you feel you can implement.  It was a good meeting for sure and the contributions of those who attended make me want to keep coming back to it.

Watched the game at my son's house last night, it was an awesome game, even if the team I wanted to see in it wasn't.  I think it ended as it should and I'll leave it at that, cause I know how the Philadephia phans are ;)

Today finds me at my job, making a noontime AA meeting and after work, it will be home to do some of the things that, because my weekend was busy with other things, did not get done.

Wishing everyone a good day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 2/5/12 10:20 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Lisa,
So glad that the outpatient program is helping.  That is good news.  I also need to cut back on my caffeine.  I am trying to wean myself.

I had a nice evening yesterday, even though the Patriots lost.  My sister came over, and we watched the game and the Puppy Bowl during half time.  Then, after my sister left, a friend from church came by.  She sells Thirty-One Bags and Accessories.  I am having a demonstration party on the 25th, and she was here giving me an order I had placed, and planning the party.  Plus, we got to know one another better.

Today, I am waiting for my nurse, who should be here in an hour or so.  Then, I am taking a friend who doesn't drive to a pharmacy to pick up a prescription.  After that, I have to stop at WalMart for a few things and then home to elevate the leg.  I should only be gone about 45 minutes, or so.  I try to make my outings short.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 2/5/12 10:29 pm - Croydon, PA
Good morning, Lisa and PA friends.  So nice to see you at Barix on Saturday.  I'm glad you got something out of the meeting.  I SUCK at drinking water.  I don't drink any.  Feel free to slap me next month.  I do, however, eat by the clock, and that helps keep my head and my belly satisfied.

I always get something out of the Barix meetings.  I am so glad I came back.  I have never in my life felt so valued and valuable as I do there.  I sincerely "belong," and that is an awesome feeling.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

dit657
on 2/5/12 11:46 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good mowning all. I'm still home on disability from my shoulder surgery. Saw the surgeon Friday and he says in coming along good but he wants me home for at least 4 more weeks. He wants me to have several weeks of PT under my belt before going back to work and that works for me!

Saturday we had a busy day with parties -Sunday was grocery and laundry day. Today I'm attempting some cleaning and I have a few other things on my to do list.

Hoping to start the official paperwork on the sale of the house this week so we can actually get a settlement date out of our buyers. Once we have that we can move forward on a lot of other things in our lives.

Take care everyone. Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 2/6/12 2:41 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Ok since you are on 4 more weeks of Disability, let's try and make a plan to share a dinner.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 2/6/12 12:14 am
GM Lisa and PA!!

Lisa, I am so glad that Siehara is getting better!! I am also glad that I got to see you and share a meal together on Saturday!!

Today Steven starts his new job! I am so excited to hear how his day went, but I don't want to text him on his first day. I will be patient and wait til I get home....I have wor****il 3:30, we are supposed to do a revote for teacher of the year, but I think I am boycotting it! It is NEVER a special area teacher who gets it, always a classroom teacher. I know they do ALOT, but so do we!! I have been here for 14 years and have never even been nominated! I know I am a great teacher!! I teach kids about discipline, responsibility, patience, and tenacity!! Oh well, let me get off my soapbox!

After work I have an appointment with my therapist. Then home to make dinner, get stuff ready for the morning. Hopefully I will make it up to bed instead of sleeping on the recliner!!!

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 2/6/12 2:18 am
Lisa, I will join you on the drinking water train! My goal when I get back to FL is 100 oz. a day. I have let coffee and soda creep back in to my diet and I swear, the diet soda has been a factor in adding some pounds. Not only that but I am just "puffier" around the middle, and I know that is the reason.

So happy you get good vibes about Siehara's progress. Remember, it's likety to be ups and downs. I have a little graphic about progress that you will find amusing - I'll put it on FB with you in mind!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views