Miserable Monday Roll Call

steffihope
on 2/26/12 9:37 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all.  I am miserable because I am so not wanting to be here these days.  It is a challenge to get up and know that I am walking in to a **** storm.  Already I just had a colleague tell me that on Friday he had to call a parent after school because he heard the student say, "I'm going to get all fu*%&$ed up tonight."  Supposedly, the mom said, "ok."  Seriously?!?!  What is up with some parents.  Why do we bother even trying?  I don't want to be here. 

I had so much fun last night with my kids at the circus.  This was the first year I took them.  Josh looked like he was going to jump out of his skin he loved it so much.  He already decided that he is now going to become an engineer for the circus and build their robots.  He is too funny.  Emily and Molly were sitting in front of me, Emily kept turning around and giving me high 5's.  Molly enjoyed it and she only wanted to keep eating...ugh!  My favorite part, and it has always been, is the elephants.  To be able to get those amazing large creatures to do what they do is always amazing.  They prance around like they are spry little animals, not the dangerous bone crushers that they are. 

Anyway - enough of that - today is school, Therapist for both Molly and I and then to the market and home to make dinner and relax a bit.  Hope your Monday is NOT as miserable as mine!
dit657
on 2/26/12 9:52 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good mornIng Miss Beth and PA peeps - today starts the last week of my short disability - back to work next week. I'm not sure I want to go back either but I know I have to - for 7 weeks - then it's on to sunny warm Florida for us for good.

It all seems to be happening so fast now and I really have to hunker down and get packing. Once I'm back at work it'll be really hard to get thru it all

Today is PT and packing. Have to stop at Staples for more bubble wrap then Petsmart for doggie food.

Take care everyone - have a good day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 2/26/12 10:00 pm
GM Steffi and PA!!

Sorry you are having such a tough time at school. There are days that you wonder if you are making a difference, but you are!! BTW, I decided to go to the reunion. I got a REALLY nice dress for the occasion and new shoes! Not many of the people that I hung around with are going to be there, but who knows, I will know ONE person that will be there!!

Today is wor****il 3:30 unless we have a staff meeting which is a possibility on Monday! Then home, dinner, homework, etc...

Have a great day!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 2/26/12 10:35 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Steffi and PA,
I don't miss teaching in Philly one bit.  More power to you.

Today, the nurse is coming in about an hour.  Looking forward to her discharging me, hopefully by the end of the week.

I have to get some paperwork organized, and finish loading the dishwasher.  Nothing exciting.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jastypes
on 2/27/12 12:40 am - Croydon, PA
I have no idea how teachers OR parents deal with their kids some days.  I'm grateful mine are all officially adults now and they all have to live their own lives and learn from their own mistakes. 

I am struggling today. Sometimes I feel that I am just not so good at this.  I didn't send my weekend food in to my OA sponsor, and I didn't have a plan.  Therefore, I can't say that I ate off my plan.  How is that for total BS?  Of course, I have a plan.  I ignored it.    I feel like the drunk who stays sober Mon - Friday then gets drunk on the weekend.  Again.   No sugar.  Just not 'clean' food.  I can't even say I "over" ate.  I just did not weigh/measure/plan/report.  It still feels "off."  Clearly, it is off.  I'm struggling with a diet mentality.  Restrict all week, then have a free-for-all on the weekends.  Of course, thanks to God and WLS, my free-for-all looks relatively mild compared to the past or what other people can do.  But I'm not in this for the weight loss anymore, am I?  It's all about sanity, which I have a very tenuous hold on at the moment.   And, as always, I ask myself, "What am I eating?"  Fear, insecurity, loneliness, oh my.  Bill told me he is probably signing up for a class that will take him away to Oklahoma for 3 weeks in May.  And I go into panic mode NOW???  I'm a big girl.  I can handle life without Bill for a month.  But the insecurity and jealousy are really ugly!  I was never like this in my marriage -- probably because I couldn't stand Mark.  LOL.  I've got to get a grip here.  I probably need to talk about this somewhere, huh?   Sorry to be a downer.  I suppose life goes up and down.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Laureen S.
on 2/27/12 1:03 am - Maple Shade, NJ
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Jill}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Easy does it girl. . .  I truly understand the eating over feelings that even when we've identified what they are, we still want to soothe ourselves with the old friend/enemy food. . .  life is challenging, years of doing what we did that got us where we were, do not change short order and relatively speaking, 5 years, is still not the equal to the years that went before.  You've fessed up, know the cause and now you can take your curative action to alleviate yourself of the struggle. . .

I had a challenge yesterday when I went into BJs to buy some things that I get there, I went down an aisle looking for something and what I saw gave me a 3 minute struggle, but it was one I overcame and when I got into my car I was very grateful that I did not put that box of dark chocolate covered jelly rings in my cart, I rationalized that I was only going to have a couple and bring the box to work, OMG, so scary when these things come into play.  Instead I went home, had some strawberries and banana with lite sc, it was good and my lesson was not to go shopping too hungry and tired. . .

You are not a downer, you are living a real life with ups and downs and I love your honesty and send you hugs.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views