need of some help

courtzi
on 3/13/12 3:40 am - SCHUYLKILL HAVEN , PA
hey guys its been a long time since i was on, but i know you are always there.  I have in the past month started working out alot, getting ready for 5k's, been lifting weights and alot of walking or zumba at the gym. 

my question is i keep feeling like i could crash.  i get so tired and jittery and sometime clammy.  i'm not sure if its my sugars.  or if i need to eat more protein.  can anyone help me.  i can honestly say i dodn't work out during my weight loss after surgery so this is a change for my body.  I love if, nut i feel like my brains going faster than my body.

for those that remember me.  I am 6 lbs from loosing 200 lbs.  that last stubborn 6 lbs will not come off.  i am going through a divorce.  hopefully the judge will sign the papers soon so its over.  but still HAPPY and my kids are growing like bugs. 

dit657
on 3/13/12 10:03 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Hi there - yes, I remember you! It has been a long time and you look wonderful - congratulations on your fantastic weight loss - awesome!!

I'm not a nutritionist but I would say if you're working out a lot getting ready for a 5K you really should bump up your protein, and make sure you're eating every 2-3 hours - even if it's just a protein or power bar, bu****ch the sugars in those - some power bars are loaded with sugar.

I'm over 4 years out and if I don't eat every 2-3 hours I feel exactly the same way - even if I just grab a couple of whole wheat crackers with peanut butter on them I feel much better.

And water, water, water - don't let yourself get dehydrated doing all that exercise - stay away from power drinks - lots of sodium.

Wish you all the best in the 5K!!! You go, girl!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Lisa H.
on 3/13/12 10:37 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Hey Court.. you definitely need to be sure you are getting in enough DENSE protein and EXTRA water.  If you are working out really hard, you are going to need more protein and more calories to even it out.  Definitely eat 6 small meals instead of just 3 regular ones.  I would go with some healthy carbs about an hour before a workout, too.   

Just make sure you are eating and drinking enough and you should be ok.  Listen to your body and make sure you stop at the first sign of crashing.  I had to stop in the middle of a zumba class because I was getting weak.  I sat down and had a protein bar and I was ok.  I always keep a protein bar or peanut butter crackers on me, just in case. 

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views