you can throw it away

cleos_mom
on 3/25/12 12:32 pm - phila., PA

when I have people over and I make a dessert I either make them take it home or I throw it away.

I was taught never to waste food so I ate it all rather then throw it away. I now realize it is better and healthier for me to give or throw it away cause if you leave me the rest of the pie I will fini**** not all in the same day as I used to but in a few days and now I am satisfied with a taste
Susan

dit657
on 3/25/12 9:59 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Great point!! Sometimes our garbage disposal eats better than we do, but I totally agree - and I was raised the same way - clean your plate, don't waste food, starving children and all that....but now I ditch it - hubby shouldn't have it due to diabetes, and either should I. Feed the disposal - you'll thank yourself in the morning!!

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 3/25/12 10:21 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Yup Susan, good point and truth be told, always been an issue, learning still that it's ok to throw things away, though I can do that with desserts, it's the food on my plate I feel obligated to eat and not throw away at times, have made lots of progress with that recently

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Happy to be in
Onederland

on 3/26/12 12:47 am
I agree, for the first time in my life this weekend I threw everything away that was left, didn't try to salvage a thing. 

Some days your the dog and some days your the hydrant.

cleos_mom
on 3/26/12 8:44 am - phila., PA
 That is our first step
Patricia R.
on 3/26/12 10:26 am - Perry, MI
When I make a dessert, it is either a fresh fruit salad, or a no-sugar added pie.  I usually end up throwing the rest away the next day, except for the fresh fruit.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1865 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2548 views