Terrific Tuesday Roll Call!!

dit657
on 4/2/12 9:55 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone - it's a nice sunny day out there - could be a bit warmer but at least the sun is out. 13 days left to go on my job - can't believe it's coming that fast now - had seemed like forever a month or so ago!

Still packing at night, cleaning out the house, trying to make stacks of stuff for donating, trash, etc. It's coming along. My nephew is moving out this week and taking a big load of stuff with him, then I'll really know what's left for us to do.

I am really looking forward to being able to get out more, ride my bike, eat better - all these things have been seriously lacking in my life and lifestyle for the past year, and I'm feeling it and not liking it. Also looking forward to having access to pools so I can swim again. This is going to be a very good move for us.

But now it's time to get back to work - get my head out of the clouds!! Have a great day.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 4/2/12 10:54 pm
GM Kathy and PA!!

I am so excited for you and this new step you are taking in your life! Sounds like you have great plans for once you are settled in!! It is good that  you are aware of things that have been lacking, but you also have to realize that moving is a stressful event!!

Today is a Terrific Tuesday!! Only two more days until SPRING BREAK!! It is really nice because Dee only has off Thursday, Friday and Monday. So, the rest of the week is MINE!!! My plan for today is wor****il 3:30, then maybe go for a walk, then home to take one of the furbabies to the vet. He has been coughing on and off(sounds like hairballs) but I want to be sure there is nothing more serious. He has REALLY become part of our family and we have all grown to love him ALOT!! Then the usual dinner, relax, bath and bed, just to do it all over again!!

Have a great Tuesday!!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 4/2/12 11:25 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Kathy, Beth and those that have yet to post. . .

Yup, it is a nice sunny day out and hopefully it will warm up some. . .  how exciting for you as you come into the "home stretch" of finishing your job and beginning a new life.  I am happy for you!

Well I am at my work station, typing at you and looking forward to a long weekend, after just getting home yesterday from a terrific weekend spent with women that I met as a result of this journey.  We are a diverse group of women, some retired, others still in the working world, many highly educated, but our common denominator being WLS in our 50s and beyond, I am the baby of the group at age 56 and 4.5 years post op and we have all had some regain, some more than others and yet we all feel the same way, we'd do it all again in a heart beat.  The reason for regain varies, but for many it has to do with the inability, due to injury and/or other reasons, to be more active, but nonetheless, there is a strength and sense of determination to continue to get whatever excess we have off.  Many have had various plastics and we try to gather somewhere once a year to laugh, experience different places and celebrate our new way of life.  This gathering there were 9 of us in total and we gathered in Hot Springs, Arkansas, which was quite beautiful, one of the gals has a rental property there and so we went into Hot Springs on Saturday and played dress up in one of those places you have pictures taken in old saloon type settings, what a blast we had, though one of the gals who lives local was unable to participate, because she had to work, after that some of us went to the baths, where we went from pool to pool to bathe in the healing hot springs water and where they are constantly bringing you cold glasses of spring water to keep you hydrated.  We made memories, shared stories, checked out the latest plastics among us and just generally laughed and on Sunday, most all of us headed back to our lives, with the hope to meet up again somewhere next year.

I got home yesterday afternoon to a delightful Roxie girl and spent my evening relaxing catching up on some dvr stuff and playing on my computer, which I had not been on in 3 days, that was tough (lol). . .and then to bed to wake up and get back to my real life, which has me at work, doing a noontime AA meeting and then afterwards, going home and taking the Roxie girl for a walk.

Sorry I went on and on, but consider it my make-up post ;)

Have a great day and whatever challenges you face today, seek peace within and you will find strength to get through it. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Patricia R.
on 4/3/12 3:27 am - Perry, MI
Greetings Kathy and PA Peeps,
I got home from Aria Bucks, where I had a colonoscopy, about two hours ago.  So tired from the anesthesia, I took a nap in my rocking chair already.

I have a really busy week ahead, with appointments and packing to do.  I am psyched for my trip to Michigan.  

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views