Tantalizing Tuesday Roll Call

steffihope
on 4/9/12 10:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all of PA!!!!  Not sure why it is tantalizing, but I do hope I find out at some point during the day!

I am sitting at school, regaling in the fact that I am going to just suck it up and get through the day. It is all that I can do at this point.  I hate coming in, I am having a hard time getting through to some students and am doing EVERYTHING I can do to avoid Adminstration.  The Friday before break my principal was mean downright nasty to me - even stating, after I reminded her that my students reach the state goal every year that I tough them, that she stated, "I don't know how that happened."  I, not so nicely, advised her, "I know how that happened, I am a REALLY good teacher."  She of course, back tracked and try to tell me that it was NOT what she meant.  I have had it with her and these students.  The sad part is that I know that the kids next year are so much better but I really don't see myself working for this administration for another year.  It makes me very sad - I have already started the process of finding myself another position. We shall see how that goes.

And - last night, on my way home from the Psychiatrist, my car broke down on Route 1.  Lovely!  It was north of the turnpike and Neshaminy Mall. Ironically, the two truck driver was the step dad of one of Molly's Best friends.  I was very releived.  So - it is at the shop today and we will find out if it is a part that is under recall...my fingers are crossed!

As for today - School, (ICH!)  Running after school and then teaching tonight at the synagogue.  That is it for me - nothing truly tantalizing.....oh well!

Happy Tuesday all! :)
Laureen S.
on 4/9/12 11:25 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Steffi, PA Friends,

How fortunate that the tow truck driver was someone you knew, hoping that you find what you need to make you love going to work again, as I know all to well how not loving that aspect of life can feel like. . .

Speaking of brokedown cars, mine did not break down, but Friday night on my way home from work, I got rearended by a guy who was not paying attention to traffic conditions, how do I know this, because after he hit me, he continued to text on his phone as I looked in the rearview mirror, lucky for both it was nothing, a minor scratch on my rear bumper, so I just told him to be careful, but then Saturday night I was sitting in a jug handle behind a Ford Escape waiting for the light to change and when it did the Escape came backwards and hit the front bumper of my car, causing minor damage, but still needs to be fixed, to his credit, the gentleman who did it, apologized and took responsibility, stating he had bent down to pick up a pen he dropped and must have accidentally put his car in reverse, so all in all, minor inconvenience, I drop my car off tonight, enterprise picks me up and the car gets fixed, the insurance company goes after the one at fault and case closed. . .think I will stay home on Easter weekends in the future, as two years ago, my car got hit by a deer on Easter Sunday. . .the good thing in all instances, no one was hurt (minus the deer two years ago :()

Today I am proclaiming as a good day, I am at work and planning on a noontime AA meeting, then home to take care of car matters and take Roxie girl for a walk. . .

Hugs and best wishes to all. . . Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Arlene E.
on 4/10/12 12:11 am - Philadelphia, PA

Happy Tuesday All

Went back to sleep and missed my morning yoga but will head to the gym for zumba at 11 with the best, most fun zumba leader.

Looks like a nice day so I am thinking of going to the zoo and seeing all my animal friends.It is volunteer appreciation month so I have free tickets to all the great stuff in Philly and hopefully will get to see many places that I have not yet been to.

This evening I am going to celebrate 2 birthdays of 2 special friends at Route 6, a restaurant in center city.

Let's all try and make good choices today.

lynnc99
on 4/10/12 10:38 am
Last week I had the thrill of getting off work and realizing I had locked the keys in my car. I could see them - they had apparently flipped out of my purse as I got out of the car.

So....called AAA.

Once the car was open, the driver needed my ID and signature. He noticed my weight loss from the time of my DL photo and ended up in a BIG conversation about how he could lose 40 lbs. Too funny!

Steffi, the work issues are of course NOT funny. Are you looking outside the district or at a transfer?
And as for the kids - work from your base of strength, even if it seems like a small group. Trust me I know what it is like to dread going in, especially after a really rough day of kid stuff.

I am posting late in the day today as you see. Worked a full day today, and have a couple of things to do in prep for Mike arriving tomorrow. YAY! So anxious to see him! But in the meantime I have saved my 2 least favorite jobs for tonight and in the morning - paying bills and ironing. Is there anything LESS fun?

Take care all of you...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views