Happy Sunny Saturday from FLA!!

dit657
on 4/27/12 9:21 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning all my PA peeps!! I have been absent for a bit but am happy to report that settlement on our house in PA went off without a hitch, and we are moved in and settling into our new home in Florida - and loving it!! It's been a lot of work but I can finally see it coming together.

It is so wonderful being able to see my siblings whenever I want - my brother came by Thursday and spent the afternoon with me chatting while I unpacked the kitchen - I've been meeting my sisters and their dogs for walks at the lake in Port Orange - and yesterday the sisters and I went shopping for some new furnishings for the house and had lunch had this funky little Jamaican restaurant. Good food!! Then last night my younger sister and her husband were at this end of town shopping so they stopped by and we had dinner and sat and chatted. I haven't lived this close to her in 20+ years, so it's really great being able to spend time together.

Today will be crazy - one b-i-l is coming over to move a bed and some furniture - I have some shopping to do and am making deviled eggs for dinner at my sister's for race night - furniture is being delivered between 1-3. Busy day.

But my biggest news is that the company I work for has a hiring freeze, and my boss called me on Thursday morning to see if I would consider working part-time from home - 20-30 hours a week - which would maintain all of my benefits!!! Would I consider it?? OMG if I could have jumped through the phone lines and hugged her I would have!! That is a dream come true for me!! So we'll also be setting up a little home office for me this weekend - most likely tomorrow. Right now the freeze is in effect until September, but I'm hoping once we get this working they'll see it's a good fit and I can continue. If nothing else it saves most of my vacation and takes me through the summer. I am one very fortunate lady.

Well friends, I miss you all - I will try to check in more often, even though I'm a 'Floridian' now - which translates into 'transplant' down here!! Not too many natives in this area - most of our neighbors are from up north somewhere.

Take care - and hope to hear from everyone!!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
bvohl
on 4/27/12 9:35 pm
GM Kathy and PA!

Kathy, it seems we started roll call at THE SAME TIME!! Great minds think alike!?!?

So I was awoken by the furry alarm clock @ 6:30 am! BLECH!!!

Today we are going to a wedding of one of my good friends/coworkers. She is marrying her HS boyfriend. LONG STORY, but let's just say that she was in an unhappy marriage for 20 years and just got divorced. I am happy for her, because she is very happy!

Dee is very excited to wear her new frilly dress and to see her friend(who is my friends' youngest child). I get to hang out with some of my close work friends, so it should be fun!

After the wedding I will be getting to work on treats for a SURPRISE After wedding celebration for my friend that I am planning for Thursday. She has NO idea! It being after the wedding she will not be expecting it! Most people have been very generous in their contributions toward a gift for her. Of course there are a few negative nelly's that I have chosen to laugh off and ignore! My feeling is just shut your mouth, if you don't want to contribute, then don't! I am doing this for my friend!!

Hope you all have a great day!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 4/28/12 12:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Kathy;
Good Morning!  Glad to hear all is well with you and that you are seeing your siblings!!!  Awesome news on the job front!

Not much happening here, last class is brutal.  Ethics should be a class that I totally enjoy - instructor is an egotistical a$$hole....no other way to describe him.  So the next three weeks is all just getting the work done and getting that diploma....

A lot of folks at work have asked me what my plans are after graduation - told them not sure yet, most are betting I head back for another degree in about 6 months.  I asked if I could join the betting pool :-)

Have a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 4/28/12 1:13 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Kathy,
I am so happy for you, with your move and job situation.  That is awesome.  

Today has me paying some bills, like rent and COBRA benefits, and then seeing my therapist.  My son, Sean, has been here since Monday.  He is trying to take care of some legal crap, civil not criminal, at this end of the state.  He lives in Pittsburgh.  

Hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1772 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1867 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2550 views