Thursday Roll Call

steffihope
on 5/2/12 10:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all of PA - Happy Thursday.  Sorry I have been out of touch.  Work has been more of a bear the last few weeks.  I am still unhappy here and just have to suck it up for 5.5 more weeks.  Definitely one of the major bonuses of my career choice - time to reflect and regroup prior to starting over in the fall.

Anyway - today is half day with the students, parent teacher conferences, and then tonight is Molly's choir concert.  I am hoping for an uneventful day.

What are you up to?!?! 
Patricia R.
on 5/2/12 11:17 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Steffi and PA,
Hang in there, Steffi.  I well remember those last few weeks of school.  You can do it.

I am literally on Baby Watch.  Colleen is at the hospital, in labor.  I am waiting for the call that the baby has arrived.

I was up late last night.  I am stessed about my health issues, which hurt like H*** this week.

Must get going.  I will let you know about the baby when I hear.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 5/3/12 12:25 am
Hang in there Steffi!

Trish, will you be driving back to Michigan when baby arrives?

Short work day for me - I work the later afternoon and evening. TIll then I need to get into my writing for a while and do the real estate blog that I write.

I've been very concerned about Mike. His work is overwhelming and he is buried with more than one person can do. He *does* get some kudos but is keeping an eye open for the option to change sooner rather than later, which would allow him to join me in FL sooner. And we want that! To top it off, we have a likely buyer on our house in Lanc. County - but IF that went through, and IF he didn't change jobs...it would mean he would be stuck in a rental for an unknown period of time. OTOH....IF we didn't sell the house and IF he got the other job....we would be trying to beat the bushes for a buyer and paying a realtor commisison.  And the domino effect ties in here a lot!

Hopefully we will have time to sort it all out in the next week or so.

Have a good day everyone!
Patricia R.
on 5/3/12 12:47 am - Perry, MI
 Hi Lynn,
Not sure exactly when my daughter wants me to return to Michigan.  She needs me when her husband goes to work on Lake Michigan, two hours away.  He was away four days a week while I was out there.  I was babysitting while Colleen worked.  Her husband has been working locally this week, but will need to go back to Lake Michigan sometime next week.  So, my travel is contingent on his work location.

Of course, I am anxious to get there.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 5/3/12 4:59 am - Perry, MI
It's a boy.  He was born at 12:05, weighing 8 pounds 5 ounces, 21 inches long.  No name yet, but I have seen pictures and did Facetime on my iPhone and got to see him squirm and see his full head of hair.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 5/3/12 7:38 am - Philadelphia, PA
congratulations on the new grand baby!!!!!

IdaMae

Lisa H.
on 5/3/12 11:24 am - Whitehall, PA
MAZEL TOV!!!!!

My tracker

hers 

lynnc99
on 5/3/12 12:19 pm
So exciting for you! Congratulations!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins