I am 4 years old today

lauraanne715
on 5/23/12 1:33 am - Pottstown, PA
I had my surgery four years ago today. It seems like a lifetime ago because so much has changed since then. I went from being well over 300 lbs down and a size 26 to size 4 (total loss 176lbs).

I had a baby in September. My miracle Lily-Anne. That was my major motivation for having RNY--I was told I was too heavy to conceive let alone carry a baby to term. I was too unhealthy. This surgery and this board saved my life.  I have the pregnancy weight to lose but I am positive I can do it. I am in a much healthier place than I was four years ago. I am willing to try new things and push myself to reach my goals. I look forward to my time at the gym (and believe me four years ago when I couldn't even walk on the treadmill for ten minutes without feeling like death--liking the gym is a serious accomplishment!! LOL)

There have been many ups and a few downs on this journey. I don't always stick to the straight and narrow and I eat far too many carbs for my own good but I am still committed to being healthy and living life and making the most of this second chance I have been given.

I lurk more here on the board than post and I am sorry for that. I can see and tell the board is having some turmoil and it makes me sad. I used to love to come here and post and check in and feel like a productive member of OH. But as time went on and life got more hectic I stopped posting as much and lost out on friendships. There were so many women here who inspired me everyday and I wish I had not been so shy four years ago and I wish I had pursued the friendships for real because now it seems as if everyone is pulling away from the board and each other and it does make me sad. This board did in fact save my life and helped me through some of the darkest days of my life. I will never forget that.

I am here for anyone who may need support or a shoulder to cry on. I may need support too. It does not get easier the further out you are from surgery--it gets harder.I just have to keep reminding myself why I did this in the first place. I look at my beautiful baby and thank God for her and for the courage and strength to get control and get healthy. So yes today is my four year old birthday--HAPPY SURGERVERSARY TO ME!! LOL But in all seriousness I wish everyone here nothing but the best--you are all courageous and inspiring--may your journey bring you much joy!

Much luv-
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

bvohl
on 5/23/12 1:41 am
 Happy Surgiversary Laura!!

Congrats on 4 years of successing!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lauraanne715
on 5/23/12 7:08 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you sweetie!!!

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost

Laureen S.
on 5/23/12 1:50 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Laura,

Congrats on your "Successing" journey!!!  You are a testament to what this lifestyle change is about and the truth is, many come to gather info and take it with them and that is fine, for many, life post-WLS gets busy and productive in ways that make us leave this place behind, but hopefully, it will always be here for those who need it. 

You had surgery to achieve some personal goals, your Lily-Anne is the visual of that, as is the reflection of yourself in the mirror and yay for you, this is a lifetime commitment that happens, just like life, one day at a time!

Wishing you many healthy, happy and enriched moments. 

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lauraanne715
on 5/23/12 7:10 am - Pottstown, PA
Laureen--
Thank you so much! Lily-Anne is my bright light in life! I am so thankful for her everyday!

Laura

Dennis Belk
on 5/23/12 2:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
CONGRATULATIONS LAURA!!!!!!!
YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!!!

lauraanne715
on 5/23/12 7:11 am - Pottstown, PA
Thank you Dennis!! You are to this day one of my biggest inspirations here and I want you to know that you rock! :-)

Laura

Maura M.
on 5/23/12 2:33 am - Yardley, PA
Congratulations on your Surgiversary Laura!!   If you don't hit those baby lbs in advance, You will certainly shake em off as soon as Lily Anne starts walking! 

xoxo,

Maura
Maura

lauraanne715
on 5/23/12 7:12 am - Pottstown, PA
Maura-
Oh I am running now behind Lily-Anne since she started crawling--she is a speed demon lol!
Thank you !!

Laura

Lisa H.
on 5/23/12 2:44 am - Whitehall, PA
 Congrats on all counts, Laura! I have had the pleasure of meeting you and hope to meet your precious gift, Lily-Anne, one day.  

Keep on successing!

My tracker

hers 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1768 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1864 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2546 views