Tired Tuesday

Lisa H.
on 6/11/12 10:23 pm - Whitehall, PA
Well good morning everyone!!

I've been so busy lately, that's why I haven't posted.  But, I've been reading.  

Things here are good!  Siehara has been great! She's healing and feeling better every day.  She's been respectful and actually laughing and smiling with me.  It's been so nice!  

I've been working crazy overtime for Aetna b/c I'm not at the store.. and if any of you have been following my FB, I got the OT pay issue resolved and the check was deposited in my acct yesterday.  
I worked 15 hours total yesterday.. split between my normal day shift and then doing some running around and coming back to work.    Working now, then therapy for Siehara at 4 and probably back home to work some more. 

I want to talk to her therapist about things that the nurse at the hospital said to me while Siehara was recovering from her tonsillectomy.  She has a 13 year old daughter, as well.  

Her daughter has Asperger's.  She was misdiagnosed with a lot of the things Siehara has been diagnosed with for a long time.  Then a psych said something to her that hit home with me.. If she's bipolar, she's bipolar ALL the time, not just at home... well damn...  So, I emailed her therapist and we are going to talk about it tonight.  This could be the start of something huge in her treatment!  Like I said, she has been great!  Taking her off the Neurotin and increasing her Abilify has been wonderful... I know Abilify is used to treat the symptoms of Asperger's too.  

SO, I was emailing a friend who has a 5 year old daughter with Autism and she referred me to a local organization and HIGHLY suggested I go there with Siehara and "start over" with new eyes who can't judge on her past.  I'll see what her therapist says about that.  I hate to start over with a new therapist, though, because this is the first one she has actually talked to.  We'll see, but things are definitely looking up here in the Lehigh Valley.

Camp starts 6/21, so anything new won't start til she gets back.  She'll have a great summer and I know she is looking forward to it.. she even cleaned her room and is working on her laundry and packing in spurts through the day..

So, now that I've gone on and on... what's everyone else doing?

My tracker

hers 

Laureen S.
on 6/11/12 10:50 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Lisa,

So happy that Siehara is recovering well and that you are seeing some smiles and sharing moments that can make your heart lighter...  I think it's wonderful that you consider to seek all options for what may or may not be Siehara's treatment plan.  You are truly a wonderful Mom to your daughter and I know that as she grows to womanhood she will come to appreciate you more and more for just how much you fought for her to have the best life possible!!!

My day today started with a little food prep and then taking Roxie for a walk, came back and got ready for work and Roxie had rolled around in the backyard and got something on her, so it cost me a little bit of time, in that I had to wash her off and when I go home, I'll have to wash all my bed linens, so much fun, goofy dog. . .  anyway, I made it to work on time and here I sit, there will be intermittent things I need to do, I will go to a noon AA meeting, then after work, get my hair cut, home and depending on the weather, maybe take Roxie out for another walk, otherwise, watch a little television before bed. . .  that's my boring workday, workweek plan. . .

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

bvohl
on 6/12/12 12:50 am
Good Morning Lisa, Laureen and PA!!

I am SO glad to hear that Siehara is doing well and recovering well from her surgery! It is amazing to me how a correct diagnosis can change things. Ever since Dee was diagnosed with ADHD, her grades have gotten better and better! She even got a certificate for bringing up her grades in ALL subjects!! I am SO proud of her!!! Of course, she had to ask the question this morning, "Why am I in a special class?". I told her because she is special!!! I was dropping her off as I was going to work so I didn't want to go into a long explanation. I told her if she wanted me to explain more I would do it tonight.

I am definitely tired today. I didn't sleep well, and then I got up to go to the bathroom around 4:30 and the darn cat would not leave me alone!! Finally, I got up at 6, fed them and came back upstairs to get showered and dressed.

After work I am going home and maybe taking a nap. Do a few things around the house, make dinner and such.

I am SO looking forward to the end of this school year!! Five more days with the kids and one day after to hand in keys...

I also interviewed for a summer job at my school. Hope I get it cause I need the $$$!!!

Have a great day!
Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1762 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1857 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2538 views