5 yr p.o and woke this morning with burning bright yellow mucus in mouth and throat

GinaB308
on 7/27/12 10:19 pm - PA

Hi everyone, I haven't been on in a few years and i didn't know where else to turn.  I was awakened by  burning bright yellow mucsus, belchng, dry heaving etc.  I have neevr thrown up not even once since before my surgery 5 yrs ago. Dr. Pupkova was my surgeon who has moved on, i called my PCP and no return call yet.  Has anyone else experienced this?  The burning was so bad.  I am able sip water so far so good.  I hate to go to the ER unless it is necessary so i was hoping one of you had some advice?

Lisa H.
on 7/28/12 7:14 am, edited 7/28/12 7:16 am - Whitehall, PA
 Hi Gina, weekends here are kind of slow.  I would say to get to a dr, ER, something.  I can't imagine that this is anything good.  

Please let us know what you find out and get to a doctor ASAP.. 

did a bit of research:

Yellow and Green Mucus

Mucus is yellow, when it contains inflammatory cells, mainly leukocytes. Thin yellow mucus can result from any cause of inflammation of respiratory tract: infection, allergy, asthma, irritation.

Thick yellow mucus speaks for infection – viral or bacterial. It is a regular symptom in acute orchronic bronchitis or bacterial pneumonia.

Green mucus contains pus (white blood cells mixed with bacteria) and suggests serious bacterial infection. It may be produced in chronic bronchitis, acute bacterial bronchitis, bacterial pneumonia, atelectasis, cystic fibrosis

My tracker

hers 

cleos_mom
on 7/28/12 11:40 am - phila., PA
 Could be your gallbladder I would see PCP if I were u
susan
Laureen S.
on 7/29/12 4:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Gina,

Hi, I remember you well, call Barix and ask if another surgeon, Dr. Marymor or Dr. Medvetz can help you figure it out. . .  sounds like bile, or maybe acid reflux. . .  you had surgery at Barix and even though Dr. P is gone, they will still offer you support and care. . .  not sure of their emergency number, but I'm sure you can find it.

Please let us know what you find out.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1772 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views