Finally Friday roll call

Lisa H.
on 8/2/12 9:06 pm - Whitehall, PA
Coming out of the woodwork to post today... been around, just going thru a few things, as usual.

Siehara was home from camp from Sunday until yesterday.  She had gotten hit in the head with a sail and had been going to the infirmary daily complaining of headaches and dizziness.  They were pretty sure that she was exaggerating, but not positive so they had me come to get her for a few days of rest at home.  We talked on the way home and she admitted that she did get hit in the head, but she really wanted to come home for a break from everything there.... sigh... guess it was too much for her this year.  She told me yesterday that she does NOT want to go to any overnight camp next summer.  I'm not going to jump the gun on that, though.  I will wait and see what happens by January when I have to start making arrangements.

In the meantime, I am looking into sessions at the local art school and martial arts academy.  She really enjoyed a self defense class we had taken together and the only thing keeping me from signing her up was $$, of course.  It's time to make the sacrifice and do it any way.  I'm going to make a bunch of phone calls today to see who has the cheapest rates and also see if any arrangements can be made for lower cost if needed.    The art school has 6 week sessions in each season.  I'll have to wait for her to come home to see which classes she would like to take.  She is so creative and I think this would also be a great outlet for her, plus both would give her something to do after school and give her 2 different ways to express herself.

As for me, I am just working a lot and now getting back into the "no child" life for the next 10 days. I was not prepared for her to come home and it was kind of hard to get back into mom mode before the date I was ready for.  I feel terrible for saying that, but I knew that she was not "truly" sick when I got the call and I hated that I had to go get her.  I don't want her to be miserable, but I DO want her to learn how to cope when things don't go her way.   

Neil is coming back in town today.  He left Sunday when I went to pick her up, so he wouldn't be in the way of us talking and figuring things out.  We are going to 2 different barbecues tomorrow.  I am making deviled eggs for one of them (their request) and have asked the other family what we can bring, but they haven't answered.  Sunday, I am working all day at the store.  I was supposed to work this past Tuesday and Wednesday, but called out because of Siehara being home.  

Musikfest is this week, so I may head there at some point, depending on weather and who is playing, where.    

Guess I made up for my lack of posting with this rambling mess.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.  Stay  hydrated and cool!~ 

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 8/2/12 10:33 pm
GM Lisa and PA!!

Glad to see you posting again! I miss you :-( Maybe we can get together before the end of the summer??

Sounds like you have been busy with work and Siehara! No rest for us weary parents?!?! I give you so much credit for doing this on your own. I am so glad that Neil is in your life to help when he can!! Hang in there! No one said this parenting thing is easy!

Today I am going to do laundry, cleaning and such. I am also going to help Dee with one of her TWO book reports that she has to do before school starts. I just want to get them done so we don't have to think about it!! I cannot believe that she is going into 4TH GRADE!!!! Where has the time gone??

Have a great day!
It is gonna be a HOT one today!!
Keep cool and hydrated!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

lynnc99
on 8/2/12 10:46 pm
 Hi everyone.

It's been a busy stretch here. After I got back from PA, we had new flooring put down (tile mostly, with carpet in bedrooms - it's FL). This tore the entire house apart and I have been cleaning ever since. The tile work kicks up an incredible amount of very fine dust. And Monday, we have a painter starting. It may sound silly but I chose the same color for the walls that I had in PA. It's a neutral very light mocha color - easy to live with and I love it! So this is the "tear the house apart" phase 2. The good news is that when this is done I can unpack the rest of my boxes. 

As the paining project wraps up, Mike and our granddaughter Jamie will be down the weekend of the 10th. She is 8 - this is her early birthday gift to have a long weekend with Grandma and Grandpa. 

Mike's life has been in a bit of turmoil. Aside from work, his sister came back out from WA state. She had been there to help me pack and was indeed a huge help. But she has had a very hard go of it in life and has some mental health issues and was essentially in the position of homelessness. So we invited her to stay. And it didn't take long until the issues emerged, so it was very stressful and difficult for Mike. To make a long story short, she is headed back on Saturday and the whole business has taken more time and energy than it's worth. 

OK, off to get ready for work! Glad to see what you guys are doing!
Laureen S.
on 8/3/12 12:53 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning my PA Friends,

Good to see you Lisa, you are such a great Mom and all I can say is Siehara has a really excellent chance at a good future for all that you do to give her support and doing the things you do.  Motherhood is a great sacrafice and, single Motherhood is even more so!!!  Trust me I know and I also get it when you say you felt bad about her coming home when you weren't quite ready for that, don't feel bad, with the past year you and Sierhara had, it is only human that you were enjoying some time to yourself (guilt free because you knew she was in a safe environment), knowing that reality and the next school year and whatever challenges await you would be here before too long!  and you are right, Siehara does need to know that you support her, but she also has to face life head on at times, but you did what you needed and it was good.  I also like your idea of enrolling her in things that will be a positive outlet, so hopefully, she has one and it will aid you both in the coming year. . . wishing you a wonderful weekend and enjoyment of the last bit of "free" time you have.

I have been dealing with some family issues, with regards to my oldest daughter and grandchildren living in Florida, it has been an ongoing situation for these past 4 years and the cost both financial and emotional has not been great.  I did what I could, hopefully, this latest bandaid helps my daughter get stable, for hers and my grandchildren's sake, when Sami was here, it was real evident the toll that the past 4 years has taken on her and it made me very sad.  My daughter is a wonderful person, a good Mom, but she also needs to put herself and the kids first in a different way then she has more recently.  Oh well, life is what it is. . .

My weekend is Barix tomorrow and then I am going home and heading to my son's Sea Isle City home, where I will spend some time relaxing, he and his family will not be there, so I have the place all to myself, bringing one of my roommates with me and since I have off on Monday, I'm planning on staying until Monday afternoon. . .hopefully the weather will be ok, but even if it isn't, the beach is a healing place for me.

That's it, take care, be well, see some of you tomorrow!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views