Monday Roll Call

bvohl
on 8/20/12 4:41 am
Good Morning PA!!

I am up early but not so bright, I had a horrible nights sleep!! Too much on my mind, tossed and turned. Then the furbabies woke me up @6:30!! I am definitely going to take a nap today!!!!

Doing stuff around the house, laundry and such! Also want to get some reading in! I bought some Danielle Steele books and want to read them before the summer ends. Barnes and Noble had a buy 2 get 1 free deal on them!!

Taking my medicine like a good girl (another reason why I didn't sleep well) and drinking coffee.

Have a GREAT Monday!!

Love, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Laureen S.
on 8/20/12 6:16 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Morning Beth, PA friends. . .

Seems like there is not alot of activity on here these days, so glad you're posting again, makes me feel like I have company out there. . .  ;)

Anyway, I, too, did not sleep well last night, no particular reason, though I do believe it is allergy related as I have a constant nasal drip, got to get some nasal spray today because this is a drag. 

I did have a very productive weekend, de-Roxifying the house (deep cleaning), then linner (lunch/dinner) with a friend, had a yummy almond crusted grouper meal, half of which I will have today for lunch, then it was home for a little while before I went to an AA meeting.  Yesterday, Tony came down, we went for breakfast, then to a movie (Canidate), silly movie, I wanted to see the one with Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones, oh well, after that we went to Wegmans and bought some nice steaks for the grill, I went home and worked some magic with veggies from my garden and made medley of eggplant, zucchini, peppers, onions, garlic and some white wine (alcohol burns off in the cooking process), a tomato and red onion salad and corn on the cob and we had a very nice dinner and I have enough leftovers so as not to have to cook all week. . .

After Tony left, I got an idea for some leftover bread that was served with my meal, it was Challah bread, which I used to love to eat slathered with butter, no more, but I thought it is a great bread to make french toast with and so I broke it up (there were 3 pieces in the bag) and I cut up some peaches, chopped some almonds, used two eggs and 1-1/2 cups of egg beaters, vanilla and almond extract, a tiny bit of lite butter, cinnamon (just enough so that it did not stick to the pyrex dish) and baked it in the oven at 375 for 55 minutes, when I took it out of the oven, while it was still piping hot, I took sugar free maple syrup (about 1/4 to 1/3 cup) and poured it all over the top, then covered it with alumium foil.  Well I had that for breakfast this morning and OMG, can I tell you how deli**** was and with the eggs, eggbeaters and almonds, a nice dose of protein. . .  I have to put it all in the recipe calculator to see what the figures come out to, but it should not be too bad.

I'm really thinking one of the things we need to do for our support group is create a "cookbook" of good for you recipes. . .

I've gone on and on and so it is, I've become one of those wordy "old" ladies (lol).

Have a great day Beth, others, hope you enjoy your books. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

lynnc99
on 8/20/12 10:05 am
 No, you're not alone! I've just been bopping in to read lately more than posting. Been a slacker in that area!

Today I was productive through the morning - paid bills and did household filing, which is my LEAST favorite job. Changed sheets and did laundry. Cleaned house and took out trash. Did the kitchen....now here for a bit before heading to work. I am there till 8 tonight - haven't had an evening shift in a while. 

Looking forward to Labor Day weekend - Mike and I will converge in Vermont for a 4 day weekend with the kids at Lake Champlain. Haven't been there in a year...which is a first for us to go that long without seeing them. 

Take care my friends!
Patricia R.
on 8/20/12 11:08 am - Perry, MI

Greetings Beth and PA,
Laureen, I definitely want the recipe for what you made with the eggs and challah bread.  It sounds so yummy. 

I am late posting today.  I got up and took care of some stuff.  I went to my morning AA meeting and to my primary doc's office.  He thinks I have a stress fracture in my right foot.  To confirm his suspicion he would need an MRI, but with or without the MRI, I would have to wear a boot I already have from last year's possible fracture.  So, I am wearing my boot. 

The best part of my doctor's visit is I lost 2 more pounds this month.  I am slowly ridding myself of my regain weight.  During my regain, I was up to 245 pounds.  Now, I am down to 215.  My overall WLS goal is 175-180.  My lowest post-op weight was 199. 

Right now, I am at my volunteer job at the agency.  I currently work here three afternoons a week.  I'm hoping to get more.  I'd like to be here every afternoon.  We'll see.

Tonight, nothing special planned.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 8/20/12 11:36 am, edited 8/20/12 4:37 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Preheat the oven to 375

I used three slices of Challah bread (about one inch a piece)
2 large peaches
2 ounces of almonds (that I threw in the food processor and chopped)
I used 1-1/2 cups of eggbeaters because that is all I had, and added 2 eggs, but I would have preferred to use 2 cups of eggbeaters
1/2 tsp each of almond and vanilla extract
1.5 tspns of cinnamon
1 tblspn of lite butter

Optional:
Honey
Sugar free syrup

Break up the bread, and mix all the ingredients together and put it in one of those old cornflower corelware baking pans (square one)and baked for 45 minutes, then drizzled some honey on top and put it back in the oven for another 10 minutes, after which I took it out and poured a 1/3 of a cup of sugar free maple syrup all over the top of it and covered it and let it sit.

I had a quarter of it for breakfast. It works out to roughly 340 calories, 20 grams of protein, 14 fat (which is mostly the almonds), 34 carbs. It's not something to have on a regular basis, but as a treat now and again and I'm sure if you play with it, or make smaller sized portions, perhaps cut it into 6 pieces.

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views