wk 1 of liquids is over

jackie M.
on 10/2/12 2:00 pm, edited 10/2/12 9:42 pm - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 my taste buds are begging for something with flavor....   I feel like my sense of taste is vanishing.  1 more week of this... then the surgery, then 2 more wks of it....   Time is NOT moving fast enough for me.  

Is this normal??
musicaldonna
on 10/3/12 1:51 am - PA
Jackie.

I had to do a 10 day liquid diet for my surgeon and I have to say that it was the hardest part of the entire process for me.  I wanted to kill people during that time (especially the first few days).  I would have given my right arm to eaten something during that time but I kept my eye on the prize.  I ended up losing 18 pounds during those 10 days which was a bonus.  You have come this far and you can see your goal.  Hang in there - it will get better.  I enjoyed suger free popsicles a lot at this time. 

Donna
jackie M.
on 10/3/12 2:44 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
The not eating doesn't bother me, it's the taste buds... They seem like went wacko on me..  I lost 6 lbs the first few days, and gained 2 back.   I'm on a liquid diet, I don't cheat, and I gained 2 lbs.  Those 6 I lost gave me a total of 37.5 that I have lost since new year's weekend.  I am happy on that and I cannot wait until next Wed.  Last night for supper, I wanted Chinese... lol.  I grabbed a coconut dannon light yogurt.  I have not found the sugar free popsicles and IF I did, I have 2 grandkids in the house who would bug n bug n bug n bug plus throw a fit until they got one....  gggggrrrrrrr    They have their snacks but they also want my snacks...
Patricia R.
on 10/4/12 7:21 am - Perry, MI
When I was on my post-op liquid diet, my mom and sister wanted to get Chinese, but didn't want to upset me.  I told them to order some Wonton soup for me.  I strained the solid stuff out, and sipped the broth.  I did the same thing with some homemade chicken and beef soups I had made prior to my surgery.  Tasted better than the broth you buy in the store.

Hang in there.  It is all worth it.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

jackie M.
on 10/4/12 7:32 am - Sunbury, PA
RNY on 10/10/12
 I didn't want the chinese because of being hungry, I wanted it to give my taste buds flavor... That store bought broth is terrible....   

My husband is loving this, though... means he can cook food that I don't like and enjoy it.  He made spaghetti other night.  The only thing chunky in my sauce is the burger meat.  he chopped up other things and put in it...  YUK...  Told him to enjoy it while he can... lol

HW 284.5, SW 247, GW 140       

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views