Amerihealth Mercy approving Bariatric surgery?

nikipiki
on 3/15/13 4:37 pm - PA
RNY on 09/09/13

Hi, I am new and I already have my appointment set up with my surgeon. His office called to make sure my insurance would cover the surgery. The woman called me back and said yes the insurance covers this type of surgery. I just don't know what hoops i will have to jump through, what my timeframe looks like and what my actual requirements will be. It is killing me to have to wait for another 3 weeks until i meet my surgeon to find out so many questions i have. Can anyone else help me?

IdaMae D.
on 3/16/13 2:04 am - Philadelphia, PA

what type of information are you looking for?

Ida

IdaMae

nikipiki
on 3/16/13 2:34 am - PA
RNY on 09/09/13
I want to know if they will approve my surgery. I want to know if they require a medically supervised diet and if so for how long? I want to know how long from the first appointment until the time I can have my surgery is. What all do they require to be done in order to approve the surgery. If I know ahead of time I can start getting things in order ahead of time. Thanks in advance.
IdaMae D.
on 3/17/13 6:59 am - Philadelphia, PA

Call Member Services 800 number on the back of your card you can ask the member services rep all those questions.  If you do not get the answers that satisfy you insist on speaking with a supervisor.

IdaMae

nikipiki
on 3/17/13 8:59 am - PA
RNY on 09/09/13

Thanks Ida.

IdaMae D.
on 3/17/13 10:03 am - Philadelphia, PA

you're welcome.  I work for a large insurance organization, I know member services has those answers :-)

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views