my "small" jeans

jastypes
on 3/22/13 2:33 am - Croydon, PA

Today, I put on my "small" jeans -- the smallest pair I have but have not been able to wear for a while -- the ones that make my butt look good.  LOL.  Now, THAT felt amazing.  And when I got to work, before I even had my coat off, one of my co-workers told me it looks like I am losing weight. 

I try so hard not to let my body size determine my self-esteem, but damn it feels good when someone notices my weight loss.  This can be troublesome later, though, in that maintaining does not have the same "reward."  Know what I mean? 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

musicaldonna
on 3/23/13 5:42 am - PA

Congratulations Jill!

It does feel good to hear those compliments again and to be able to fit into your "small" jeans.  We know that as we move further from our WLS those compliments are fewer and farther between.  You are working hard to stick to your program of clean eating and exercise.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could "bottle" that feeling for the times when we are discouraged?  Glad that you put this out on the board - we all need to be happy about our continued "successing".  I don't think that you are basing your self esteem on your body size - it's just nice for someone to notice and acknowledge your hard work.  Have a good weekend.

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views