Happy Easter roll call

Sara E.
on 3/30/13 4:30 pm - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Happy Easter and Happy Passover!
It has been quite a while since I posted a roll call. Ironically, I am up late watching the Walking Dead. I am under the weather and just going to rest all day Sunday. My family is traveling to relatives for dinner without me. I hope everyone has a great day.

bvohl
on 3/30/13 10:45 pm

Good Morning Sara and PA!!

Glad to see you posting roll call! Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well :-(

Today is MORE laundry and spring cleaning. Since it is Easter Sunday there isn't much for us Jewish folk to do...

I might take a nap today, didn't sleep well and was up before the sun was

Have a GREAT Easter for those who celebrate!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Sara E.
on 3/31/13 4:41 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Hi Beth!
I have been feeling poorly for a few weeks. I had an antibiotic and felt better then this week I got worse again. I have an infection in my eustacian tubes now. I have a new Rx now and am resting to try to feel better. My family went to my in laws after church. The dog & me are just napping on & off in the recliner. Not a great Easter but nice to have some time to relax & heal. Take care.
-Sara

lynnc99
on 3/30/13 11:34 pm
Happy Easter everyone!

Mike and I will attend church today, then settle in for an afternoon of basketball I think. Only one of "my" teams is in the Elite Eight so ill be rooting for my alma mater, Michigan, today.

We have an easy dinner planned, with fresh tilapia and seasoned veggies. Lots of attention to food lately at our house. Mike has dropped about 30 lbs. following a program called TrimLine which is based in Harrisburg. It reminds me a lot of the old, old weigh****chers plan (2 fruits, 2 starches, 1 dairy, Lots of protein and veggies each day...and water water water!) Anyway, we are cooking and eating according to that plan. I hope to see the 150's again! It's possible....but takes more than my typical "let me start tomorrow" mentality.

Which all gets back to Easter. I am wearing (barely) a dress I bought for Easter 2011. Happy I can still manage it, but its a snug fit. I know we have always been taught, and said ourselves, that successing is not about a number. But the truth is that for me, a firm commitment to what sizes of clothing I will and will not buy is an important part of my maintenance plan. I got rid of the bigger sizes for a reason. Ad here we are....

How are others doing with weight loss and maintenance, wherever you are?
Sara E.
on 3/31/13 4:49 am - Pennsylvania Furnace, PA
Hi Lynn.
I am rooting for Michigan today too. Hope they can make it to the final four. As for wt loss & maintenance - I would like to lose 10 more pounds. My dr wants me to gain some. I am technically overweight. Lost 150 pounds, wear a size 4 jeans & I am overweight by that dog gone BMI chart. I do not like that chart. It is depressing. Like you, I gave away all my bigger clothes except for my favorite jeans & shirt from Pre-surgery. If I gain weight I would have to be a nudist, I have no larger clothes....and no one wants that...lol luckily I have a few great friends that help me cope on tough days. When I am tempted to eat something I shouldn't. I remember the phrase "nothing tastes as great as thin feels." Sounds silly, but it helps. Take care. Go Wolverines!
-Sara

lynnc99
on 3/31/13 9:00 am

Sara, I get a little perplexed by the BMI chart. I know that it was certainly valid enough to qualify us for surgery in the first place. But now I read a lot of conflicting opinons. Maybe we have to pick and choose the numbers that fit our specific body types. Size 4 is smaller than I ever got (I had a couple of pairs of size 6's - one shrunk and had to go - the other is still with me). Mostly I am size 8 and S or M on top. 

Anyway, there's some great motivation in your post. "If I gain weight, I would have to be a nudist." 

I'll remember that!

Patricia R.
on 3/31/13 8:16 am - Perry, MI

Greetings Sara and PA,

I had a busy hectic day, and am finally home with my feet up.  I went to church this morning, and stayed for fellowship for a little while.  I came home and made au gratin potatoes and baked sweet potatoes.  I then headed over to my daughter's, where her in-laws joined us for a delicious ham dinner.  I am still felling full from it.  

I stayed at her house a while, in order to give the kids some Easter goodies.  I had to wait for her in-laws to go home because her mother-in-law didn't get them anything, and she feels inadequate, because she compares what my ex and I give the kids to what she gives them.  I totally understand why she doesn't give them as much.  She has 11 grandchildren.  I have 3.  I will say that I don't understand how she spends time with the kids.  When she babysits, first she charges my daughter money for babysitting.  Second, she sits on her computer and doesn't do stuff with them.  I do crafts, and color, and put together puzzles with them.  In fact, the gifts I got the older kds were craft kits.

I hope everyone had a blessed holiday.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1772 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2551 views