First Saturday Support Group, Barix, Langhorne 4/6/13

Laureen S.
on 3/31/13 10:44 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hey Friends,

Spring is in bloom all around us and what that represents to me is more energy, driven by the longer days, I just generally have more energy, hope you do too! I really hope to see you at Barix this upcoming Saturday, I'll be there, hope you will as well!

As always this meeting are topics as they relate to post-ops, so please come by and share your WOW moments, as well as whatever else is on your mind.

The Place:  280 Middletown Boulevard, Langhorne, PA 19047 
The time:  11 a.m. until approximately 1:30 p.m.

If you are celebrating a surgiversary, please bring any props (clothes worn prior to WLS, pictures), you will get 5 minutes to share what it was like, what it is like now and what you look forward to.  

We have a nutritionist at every meeting and while all are welcome to attend our support groups, nutritional consults cannot be given to non-Barix patients, but no matter where you had surgery if you feel in need of support we welcome you!

On a last note, while we recognize that there are times when babysitting might be an issue, it would be appreciated if small children were not brought to the meeting, as there are times people have a need to discuss things where having a small child there inhibits their ability to discuss openly talk about what they need to.  Thank you for your understanding.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

musicaldonna
on 4/2/13 2:36 am - PA

Looking forward to being there.  Once again Laureen thank you for all the work you and the other leaders do to keep the support group going at Barix.

Donna

jastypes
on 4/5/13 2:24 am - Croydon, PA

I have some WOW moments to share!!!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

lynnc99
on 4/6/13 8:26 am

ALways love to hear highlights! Any to share?

musicaldonna
on 4/8/13 4:03 am - PA

Hey there Lynn!

Saturday's meeting was good.  Christine facilitated for the first time and did a great job.  There was a pre-op woman there who wanted to stay with the "old-timers" and ask questions.  At almost 4 years out there is so much that I forget about that time that it is good for me to be around "newbies" and reconnect.  Nothing specific stands out for me.  It was just good to be there with people who "get" it and can relate to what you are saying.  Once again I spoke of my defiance at not journaling my food.  It is something that I need to address with my therapist and figure out why I have so much resistance. Maybe someone else will remember something more specific.  Sorry.  Hope that all is well with you.  Love to see your picture on the board.  Stay in touch.  Take care.

Donna 

Laureen S.
on 4/8/13 10:41 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Hi Lynn,

Started to respond yesterday, but got sidetracked with that darn thing called work. . . ;)

As Donna said, Christine facilitated beautifully on Saturday and it was a good meeting, one where we talked about the realities of our maintenance, how it can be challenging and all the various ways in which we can meet the challenges, as well as what Donna said, the biggest challenge being ourselves.  We talked about the idea of how a 2 lbs. weight gain makes us feel as opposed to those that have not walked our path, the fact that there are certain things we understand and others don't get.  We shared WOW moments and the ideal of the fact that we tend to devalue them, yet want attention and/or draw attention to ourselves in various ways.  We talked about using the MyFitnessPal.com app, how different carbs can trip us up and the value of exercise.  We had a very nice woman who came with her mother who wanted to know how things are further out and so she got a very good glimpse into the fact that this is about a lifestyle and that if we look at it with our old "diet" mentality, it won't net us much of different result long-term, about the fact that we need to make changes while in the window of opportunity (those first couple of years), that will help us when we get to maintenance and beyond. . .

Think that about sums it up. . .  Donna?

Have a great day Lynn, I am heading to Florida on the 16th, will be in Orlando for the first 3 days and then in the Pompano Beach area visiting a good friend who moved there last fall.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

musicaldonna
on 4/9/13 2:13 am - PA

Laureen,

You did a great job of summarizing the day.  Thanx for having a better memory than me.

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views