I got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

musicaldonna
on 4/25/13 12:07 am - PA

Good morning PA peeps,

Just wanted to share my good news with all of my OH friends.  After 2 years of being unemployed I finally have a job.  I am not certain if the position begins in July or September.  Some of you know that for the past year I have been doing volunteer work and substitute teaching at my old school.  The principal who fired me left the school and the new principal saw that I was an organized and dedicated teacher.  She has offered me the position of School Secretary and I have accepted it.  Many of you know that experienced, mature workers are not appreciated in the business world today.  That is also true in the world of education.  After spending this past year subbing in grades 1 to 8 I realized that it was time for me to come out of the classroom.  I still will be tutoring Math and there might be some opportunities for me to work with some students one-on-one.  While I am happy there is a lot of anxiety inside of me.  I know that over the next few weeks that I will need to process these feelings and not eat my way through them. 

I see my job as being one of helping people - parents, teachers, administration, students.  I still get to be around the kids but I don't have to put up with a lot of the BS that is present in the classroom today.  I bring many gifts to the table and I know that I will be an asset to the school.

I would not have made it through these past 2 years without the prayers of support of my OH friends and my Barix support group.  Just wanted to share my good news with all of you.  Have a good day and take care of yourselves.

Love, Donna

Laureen S.
on 4/25/13 12:20 am - Maple Shade, NJ

So happy for you Donna!!! 

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Lisa H.
on 4/25/13 10:16 am - Whitehall, PA

I am so very happy for you Donna!!!  I can't think of anything better right now!!!  Way to go!!!!!!!! 

My tracker

hers 

musicaldonna
on 4/26/13 12:17 am - PA

Thanks Laureen and Lisa!

When I posted yesterday it almost seemed surreal.  This morning I am adjusting to the fact that soon I will be among the gainfully employed.  Part of me was afraid that if I shared the news with others that it would go away - just being a little superstitious.  Trying very hard to stay in the moment and not jump ahead.  Also have to get back on the wagon with writing down my food.  Have a good day!

Donna

lynnc99
on 4/27/13 10:38 am

Donna, I am so happy for you!

The secretarial position is the "heartbeat" of a school, as you know. You will be a tremendous asset and the absolute front line person for all who enter the doors. 

You have been tremendously paitent and faithful through the last couple of years, and I couldn't be more delighted at your good fortune. Let's hope for a July start date so you can have everything in order for the beginning of the school year!

Patricia R.
on 4/27/13 8:08 pm - Perry, MI

Good for you!!!  That is awesome news.  I'm so happy for you.  You'll be fantastic.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

bvohl
on 4/27/13 10:56 pm

CONGRATS DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how hard the last two years have been for you! I am SO happy for you!!!

Love and hugs,

Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 4/28/13 12:41 am - Philadelphia, PA

congratulations Donna!!!!!  Awesome news...

IdaMae

musicaldonna
on 4/28/13 3:49 am - PA

Thanx Lynn, Trish, Beth and Ida,

The principal had a meeting with the IMS board on Thursday.  Hopefully she will have some answers for me as to my start date when I speak with her on Monday.  I am crossing my fingers for July but know that September might be a real possibility.  I appreciate your good thoughts.  Take care.

Donna

jojomoe523
on 4/28/13 11:07 pm - PA

Congrats to you! Awesome news.....

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1771 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1866 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2549 views