Embracing Life and Change. . .

Laureen S.
on 5/2/13 11:36 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

This is the email I sent to the folks at Barix Clinics yesterday where I have been involved in the Support Group Leadership capacity for the past 5 years. . .  Change is good. . .

As well you know, I have been long committed to the support aspect of WLS and it has been a great experience for me to share this with a great group of people who are dedicated and want to be a part of something integral to the long-term maintenance aspect of our journey.  I believe very strongly that "successing" is about celebrating the life that WLS has given me, I also feel just as strongly that we can never underestimate the need to deal with the issues that lead to our obesity and perils of falling back into old habits, and to that end I believe support helps us stay the course.  

I am extremely grateful to the opportunity of being involved on this level for the past 5 years, I am living a full and enriched life, however, there are other things I wish to investigate and possibly pursue for my future and so I am going to be stepping aside from the Leadership arena.  I still need the support and will not be disappearing altogether, but I am going to be resigning from the group in the coming months (possibly as early as June, depending on who is ready to step up and do the commitment).

Thank you again for allowing me the forum to be of service in our WLS community.   Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

musicaldonna
on 5/2/13 11:58 pm - PA

Laureen,

I commend you on the healthy way you are dealing with this.  Of course I am selfish and want you to stay on as a leader.  You have been there the entire 4 years I have been at Barix and have become a true friend to me.  Know that I am grateful for your service to all of us at Barix.  Glad that you will not be a stranger and still be a part of us.  My love and gratitude always.

Donna

bvohl
on 5/3/13 11:41 pm

Laureen,

You have been on my journey with me since the beginning and like Donna said, I wish you could stay on as a leader. I understand why you must depart from that role. It is a BIG job!!! You are so dedicated to keeping up the fight and giving us love and support and good swift kick in the butt when we need it. I am glad that you will still be a part of our meetings. I wanted to come to the meeting today but of course I have plansangel.

Thank you for all of your years of leadership, love and support!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views