Happy Birthday to Me!

musicaldonna
on 7/25/13 10:22 am - PA

Hello out there to all of my PA peeps!

I tried posting this morning but my computer was acting up.  Anyhow today was my 57th birthday and I had a great day.  Went to work (loving the job) and then met 2 friends for a bite to eat.  Got texts or calls from the family and will celebrate with my mom and sisters on Sunday.  For so many years I just ignored my birthday and stayed low key.  My philosophy in life was to have little or no expectations so I couldn't be disappointed.  That was safe for me but it also didn't permit to feel much joy in life.  Today my life is different due to WLS and a lot of hard inner work.  I like myself and could smile when I thought of today being "my day".  It felt good and I just wanted to share that with all of my OH friends.  Another aside - I can never remember it being so cool on 7/25.  I am usually sweating like a pig but it almost feels autumnal out there.

Hope that you all had a good day.  Maybe I'll see some of you at Barix next Saturday.  Take care.

Donna

bvohl
on 7/26/13 12:11 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 7/27/13 6:26 am - Perry, MI

Belated Happy Birthday,

Thursday was also my daughter's 37th birthday.  I posted a really mushy comment about it on my Facebook Timeline.  

I totally understand how much easier it is to find joy in life post WLS.  What' I've also found that I enjoy bringing joy to others.  No matter how old my kids are, if I can, I make a birthday cake, with homemade frosting for them.

Continue find joy in your life.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lynnc99
on 7/28/13 5:43 am

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead Donna! No one deserves it more!

Laureen S.
on 8/1/13 12:08 am - Maple Shade, NJ

Haven't been on here in so long. . . sorry I missed wishing you a very happy birthday, but it sounds like you've come soooo far.  Best wishes for the trend to continue. . . Happy Birthday and I sincerely hope we can meet up and catch up soon. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1761 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1857 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2538 views