Medicaid question

Angelique J.
on 9/18/13 12:13 pm - Allentown, PA

I currently have Medical Assistance for Workers with Disabilities - specifically Amerihealth Mercy (now Amerihealth Caritas). I called them to ask if they cover DS (they covered my lap-band). They had me call back with the CPT? codes and I found as many as I could online and they booed them all. I was looking into UPMC For You and I found this doc http://www.upmchealthplan.com/pdf/PandP/MP.040.pdf which makes it seem like they cover it, but because I am not a member when I call they are like well we miiiiight cover it iiiiiif..... Like, just tell me yes we have ever or have not ever covered a lap band to ds revision. Also, other than Abington Hospital there are no other vetted DS surgeons in PA so it will most likely be out of network as they must provide out of network service if they do not have 2 providers in the service area. I have been researching Greenbaum and Roslin as they are within a few hours of me. The only thing UPMC would tell me is that your PCP just writes a letter telling them the name of the surgeon and they follow through with the rest of it. On that note I definitely meet medical criteria - BMI is 53, sleep apnea, HTN, Type II Diabetes, high cholesterol. 

HW - 366+/1stSW - 325/CW - 301/GW - 200,

Lap-banded 3-5-2008, planning for revision to RNY 

J.A.C.+M  poly w/ child

IdaMae D.
on 12/6/13 10:09 pm - Philadelphia, PA

If you did not receive an acceptable response from the member services rep you spoke with, you can request/demand to speak with a Supervisor, Manager, Director of the department which I would strongly suggest that you do. 

IdaMae

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1772 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1868 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2550 views