Greetings PA Peeps

Patricia R.
on 3/4/14 9:31 pm - Perry, MI

Greetings Pennsylvania,

I haven't checked in here in eons.  My old laptop crashed in August, and I didn't replace it till October.  Then, I'm sometimes barely on it, because my grandchildren and church keep me busy.  Except for the wicked weather, and the three feet of snow that has accumulated on my yard since Christmas, I love it here in Michigan.  It has only gotten above 30 degrees twice since the holidays, so the snow just gets deeper and deeper.

In August, I had my gall bladder out, and I'm so grateful for that.  Then, I did return to PA over the holidays.  A few weeks ago, I traded in my 11 year old Honda Civic, with 155,000 miles on it, for a 2012 Toyota Camry, with a warranty taking it to 90,000.  My three grandchildren were getting to big to fit in the Civic's back seat together.  I love my new wheels, because it's loaded with technology.

I'm in the process of getting training to be a docent at the zoo here.  Docents are volunteer educators, who help with group tours, and classroom animal lessons.

I hope my friends in PA are well.  I miss the Barix support group meetings.  I did see Dr. Marymor in July, when I was back there for a visit.

Hugs to all.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

musicaldonna
on 3/15/14 11:26 pm - PA

Hey Trish,

I rarely check in on this board any more because it is pretty much dead these days.  So glad that you are enjoying life out in Michigan with the munchkins.  I don't think that our weather in PA has been too different from Michigan this winter.  As I type this we are expecting snow for St. Patty's Day.  I think that there have been 7 or 8 snow days do far.  I can't wait for Spring to get here.  I am enjoying the days being longer.  Not going out to Barix anymore so I just keep up with a few of my peeps.  Will continue to look in on the board.  Have no doubt that you will be an awesome docent at the zoo.  Happy St. Patty's Day Trish.  Good hearing from you.  Take care.

Donna

jastypes
on 3/26/14 3:57 am - Croydon, PA

Hi Ladies.  I, too, rarely check in.  Glad you are doing well in Michigan.  We had snow again yesterday.  Hey, Donna, when you comin' back to Barix meetings?  I miss you!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

musicaldonna
on 3/29/14 12:15 am - PA

Hi Jill,

I am no longer attending the Barix support group meetings.  I don't know if that is permanent or not.  For right now it's not where my recovery is.  I am grateful for all the people and support that I received from Barix during these past 5 years but for right now I need to step away.  Hope that all is well with you, your job and your family.  Take care.

Donna

jastypes
on 3/30/14 11:25 pm - Croydon, PA

All is well here.  You know Barix is always there for support when and if you need it!  We have a new format now that's kind of nice and has more people sharing their experience, strength and hope.  Hope all is well with you too!

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1773 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1869 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2552 views