7 years surgiversary

jastypes
on 6/2/14 7:00 am - Croydon, PA

I just want to encourage anyone who may be struggling, or who may be hesitating about even having this life-giving surgery.  I had my RNY 7 years ago.  I battled transfer addictions to alcohol and sex.  I re-gained 45 pounds.  And then... I found recovery and health once again.  I am now at my lowest weight since the surgery, living a life that is happy, joyous and free.  I am grateful every single day for my weight loss surgery, even with the struggles and challenges I've faced.  I now have a lot of tools in my toolbox, but WLS is definitely one of the strongest.  I would do it again in a heartbeat.  Thank you all for being part of my journey. 

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

musicaldonna
on 6/15/14 9:55 am - PA

Jill,

Just popping into the board for a monthly check in.  Belated congratulations on your 7 year surgiversry.  My 5 year surgiversary is coming up next week and I also am grateful every day for WLS.  I would not be the woman I am today had I not taken this step.  All though I have stepped away for now I will always be grateful for the support I received from this board and from the Barix community.  So glad to hear that things are going well for you.  Take care.

Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1761 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1857 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2538 views